2023: Week 5: @ Vikings (Sunday, Oct. 8)

onejayhawk

7 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Eh Watson dragged the toe, clear black pellets flying on the drag. But that was close

Kelce definitely caught that one though 

taking off the helmet was extremely stupid I agree. 

hopefully Omenihu provides that spark, I’ll give it to Spagz though he knows how to dial up unblocked pressure better than anybody in the business. 

No comment on close plays. It's part of the game.

Omenihu should have a significant impact on our pass rush, though Danna is clearly improved. Putting Omenihu and Jones side by side will be choice.

Has anyone else noticed that Chenal is getting more and more passrush opportunities? He's good at it. They even play him at DE occasionally. 

14 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Omenihu should have a significant impact on our pass rush, though Danna is clearly improved. Putting Omenihu and Jones side by side will be choice.

Has anyone else noticed that Chenal is getting more and more passrush opportunities? He's good at it. They even play him at DE occasionally. 

Yeah Chenal is an animal. Normal TEs can’t block him and even tackles have some struggles. Looks great so far this year in this hybrid defense Spagz is deploying. Maybe he can get in on that Tamba training program like GK did last offseason 

6 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Yeah Chenal is an animal. Normal TEs can’t block him and even tackles have some struggles. Looks great so far this year in this hybrid defense Spagz is deploying. Maybe he can get in on that Tamba training program like GK did last offseason 

The thing that made Tamba a Pro Bowl player was his tenacity. He never gave up on a play. GK already had that streak to cultivate. I would love to see if they both do. 

According to my schedule, this is game #6. That means Omenihu is off the IR suspension. We even have a long week to work him in.

23 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

One of the few things you and I agreed on as soon as we drafted him.  Needs to be used as a pass rusher too.  Nice to see Spags finally catching up with us.

18 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

The thing that made Tamba a Pro Bowl player was his tenacity. He never gave up on a play. GK already had that streak to cultivate. I would love to see if they both do. 

According to my schedule, this is game #6. That means Omenihu is off the IR suspension. We even have a long week to work him in.

He'll be off come Tuesday I think ...