Week 5 GDT: Texans @ Falcons

lumberjackchris

What do yall say we keep these good times rolling!

did-demeco-ryans-play-in-the-nfl-696x464

Week 5 pits 2 teams going in opposite directions since this start of the season. 

Atlanta started the season off 2-0 with close wins over the Panthers and Packers, but has now followed those wins up with 2 non-competitive losses vs the Lions and Jags.

Texans are riding high on a 2 game win streak after handling Jacksonville and Pittsburgh in back to back weeks. 

Meco's rush D will be tested Sunday as one of the leagues best rushing attacks take the stage. Led by rookie sensation Bijan Robinson who is firmly a top 5, if not top 3 back in the league just 4 weeks in. He is a matchup nightmare. 

Luckily how good Bijan has been, Falcons QB Desmond Ridder has been the polar opposite. Lets just hope Arthur Smith and Co continue the Ridder experiment at least for 1 more week. The Falcons do have a couple of physical freaks to throw to in WR Drake London, and TE Kyle Pitts. 

On offense for the Texans, Bobby Slowik and CJ Stroud should continue to COOK. With the of the calveraly due to come back (Tunsil and Howard tweeting yesterday make it seem like both will be back as bookends Sunday. The arrow on the Texans is point way up!

LJC's Prediction: Texans - 27 Falcons - 17 

For the first time in what feels like forever, we have a team giving us hope! So in the immortal words of Clay Walker, it's

incobebhplpxsaijcyuf

Edited by lumberjackchris
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

Put your best 5 on the field. I dig it.

i wonder if we keep this 5 going forward or if we replace Patterson with Juice or if we play patterson and juice and remove Fant.

Either way, this is a much better line than weve had in previous weeks. 

One concern, and I cant fully remember, but wasnt Howard a complete dumpster fire at Guard when we had him there a few years ago?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

i wonder if we keep this 5 going forward or if we replace Patterson with Juice or if we play patterson and juice and remove Fant.

Either way, this is a much better line than weve had in previous weeks. 

One concern, and I cant fully remember, but wasnt Howard a complete dumpster fire at Guard when we had him there a few years ago?

Say less.

You are absolutely correct - 2021 & his PFF score reflects it (the eye test also told the same story).

22 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

LFG!

Perryman also back practicing 

How are we feeling about Perryman coming back and To'oto'o going back to the bench? He has been playing really well and hes the future along with Harris, but I suspect we will start whoever makes us better this year. 

5 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

How are we feeling about Perryman coming back and To'oto'o going back to the bench? He has been playing really well and hes the future along with Harris, but I suspect we will start whoever makes us better this year. 

I'd actually think To'o To'o flips to SAM and Blake Cashman goes to the bench; To'o To'o got into the lineup as the starting SAM and moved to MIKE after Perryman got injured.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'd actually think To'o To'o flips to SAM and Blake Cashman goes to the bench; To'o To'o got into the lineup as the starting SAM and moved to MIKE after Perryman got injured.

Such a good problem to have too many solid players and one has to come off the bench. I don't think we've had this problem for a long time. 

• Like 2