Week 5: Ravens @ Steelers

Ray Reed

Every single Ravens Steelers game the past 15 years is a 3-7 point game. Someone needs to get that message to John and Lamar. Can’t be passing up FGs. Can’t be throwing redzone INTs. But yet those two seem to do that every time we play them.

Its disgusting

Edited by Ray Reed

One last thing I have noticed all year, Lamar seriously needs to stop trying to scramble to call audibles and rush plays before the playclock expires. Either take the play as it is, or call a timeout if things are rushed near 0 or 1 second left. So many times he's rushing things just to get a play off and then it's a wasted play. Regroup and play another down. This is amateur stuff.

• Like 1

So, the plan was to kick the FG but:

1. The offense was still on the field, for some reason.
  2. Lamar was still conducting everything, for some reason.
  3. The clock was still winding down, WITH A TIMEOUT STILL IN OUR POCKET, FOR SOME REASON

Nothing about this makes sense. JUST CALL THE TIMEOUT AND KICK THE FG???????

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

So, the plan was to kick the FG but:

1. The offense was still on the field, for some reason.
  2. Lamar was still conducting everything, for some reason.
  3. The clock was still winding down, WITH A TIMEOUT STILL IN OUR POCKET, FOR SOME REASON

Nothing about this makes sense. JUST CALL THE TIMEOUT AND KICK THE FG???????

Sounds like it's on the O-line for snapping the ball. O-line wanted a free play I guess. 

Otherwise that was the worst decision I've ever seen from Harbaugh's Yale grad assistant.

16 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Sounds like it's on the O-line for snapping the ball. O-line wanted a free play I guess. 

Otherwise that was the worst decision I've ever seen from Harbaugh's Yale grad assistant.

Weekly miscommunication gaffes in critical scenarios of games that lead to us doing a blunder. It's becoming a theme and at some point there's just no excuse for it.

The most important thing for me is that I don't want us to take the wrong lessons for this game. We probably win this game being ultra conservative, and take away the opportunities to mess up from Lamar, WRs, coaching, line, etc.... but that's not the team we need to see this year.

14 minutes ago, Nobellythrower said:

bro these wrs stink excluding aggy and zay edc should've got dhop, cant constantly get separation , this isnt a good wr corps only a better one then previous, forget an egde rush go get adams  

Zay, Beckham, Agholor, Bateman are NFL players. Anyone who thought this was a good or even above average group was delusional. But it's still the best Lamar's ever had. Agholor would be WR1 for a lot of Lamar's tenure. The bar is very low at WR for this team, but I'm still happy to have actual NFL players here.

• Like 1