Week 5: Ravens @ Steelers

Ray Reed

On 10/6/2023 at 5:12 PM, DreamKid said:

Even with all the injuries the Ravens are obviously the favorites here, but anyone just banking on a win is foolish. These games always seem to be a grind and with some issues across the OL, the offense at large still in it's learning stage, and the still real(despite surprising success) level of injury to hit certain positions - anything can happen. 

We found a way to lose against an inferior team in the Colts, so hopefully the coaches are on high alert for this one and don't make the same mistakes.

Wow.... hate how accurate my concerns were.

On 10/6/2023 at 5:12 PM, DreamKid said:

I'd like to see some more verticality in this one from Monken, with shots downfield to the WRs and TEs.

But hey, at least they opened things up like I wanted....

There's going to be a lot to unravel with this one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nobellythrower said:

Thats something monken shouldn't do then, clearly that was the go to, it was a bad ball ,but even bad personal obj isnt even a wr3 on actual teams.  leave the jump balls to aggy. And just like edc going for ojabo over pickens bad choice taking obj over dhop

I hate seeing people saying this is a Monken thing when it's not, and it should be obvious!

He called the play, yes, but we all know Lamar has complete control at the LoS and this play is clearly a pre-snap read determined throw. Lamar determined pre-snap he was going to OBJ. That's not on Monken, or any of the coaches, that's on Lamar.

Tough loss folks but do not worry. Whenever a QB and WR group need a bounce back game look no further then this shocking Titans D. Unfortunately I’ve paid good money to attend the game on Sunday in London and I have zero doubts you guys will put 30 plus on us.

1 hour ago, Titansfan said:

Unfortunately I’ve paid good money to attend the game on Sunday in London and I have zero doubts you guys will put 30 plus on us.

The last time we played an AFC South team in London it was one of our club's worst all time losses.

4 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I hate seeing people saying this is a Monken thing when it's not, and it should be obvious!

He called the play, yes, but we all know Lamar has complete control at the LoS and this play is clearly a pre-snap read determined throw. Lamar determined pre-snap he was going to OBJ. That's not on Monken, or any of the coaches, that's on Lamar.

It's just an insane reality that on my couch, after the PR fumble, I literally said to the TV "please Monken run this 3 times so Lamar doesn't have a chance to turn it over". The fact I'm saying that 6 years in about out franchise QB is insane. He's a really good football player. But he makes some boneheaded decisions in crunch time man. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

but we all know Lamar has complete control at the LoS and this play is clearly a pre-snap read determined throw. Lamar determined pre-snap he was going to OBJ. That's not on Monken, or any of the coaches, that's on Lamar.

And lamar made the correct read, none of the other routes were open nor finish developing the saftey drop down, and he was getting pressure if you re-watch, it was just a bad throw and should've just ran the ball the days of obj winning 1v1 are unlikely 

1 hour ago, Nobellythrower said:

And lamar made the correct read, none of the other routes were open nor finish developing the saftey drop down, and he was getting pressure if you re-watch, it was just a bad throw and should've just ran the ball the days of obj winning 1v1 are unlikely 

There's no post-snap read. It's pre-snap, and if you really believe he made the right read to throw a jump ball to a 6'2 CB against a washed up OBJ, we'll just have to disagree. Also, watch the play again and tell me Mark Andrews is not open.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

There's no post-snap read. It's pre-snap, and if you really believe he made the right read to throw a jump ball to a 6'2 CB against a washed up OBJ, we'll just have to disagree. Also, watch the play again and tell me Mark Andrews is not open.

By the time mark got open he was already getting pressured, and the saftey dropped , so that left 1v1 with obj which was the right read it was just a bad throw and bad personal letting obj be a jump ball man

Idk what it is really, if it's coaching, leadership, the locker room, basic scheme issues that produce these individualized outcomes... but this team is chock full of frontrunners and losers. More than enough talent to stay competitive, but just a basic lack of professionalism when it comes to showing up every week and respecting their opponents. They crap their pants every single time things get tight, and everything becomes disorganized and jumpy. You can forgive one performance like yesterday but the Colts game being all of 2 weeks ago suggests this team just is not serious about taking the next step. It's hard to call it an aberration when these losses feel so incredibly familiar not just within this season alone but across the past several years as well. 

More than enough time to right the ship but a lot of folks in this org in the locker room and on the coaching staff need to take a look in the mirror and admit that there's a ship that needs righting to begin with. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nobellythrower said:

By the time mark got open he was already getting pressured, and the saftey dropped , so that left 1v1 with obj which was the right read it was just a bad throw and bad personal letting obj be a jump ball man

Lamar is never pressured. 

Mark wins at the LOS easily.

the safety never drops, he starts over the middle but is never in a "robber" coverage.

Lamar just catches and throws to OBJ, and makes a god awful throw.

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Lamar is never pressured. 

The pocket was collapsing as soon as he hiked it, the saftey was there sitting on andrews and only moved when lamar threw to obj, mark had minkah on him obj had a rookie on him, watching dan speak on this its a terrible call, why are you throwing redzone fades in shotgun? Yes its a bad ball but it was the right read mark was only open once the ball got released, always tryna find something with lamar  how many bad throws he had compared to good throws that game? 

6 minutes ago, Nobellythrower said:

The pocket was collapsing as soon as he hiked it, the saftey was there sitting on andrews and only moved when lamar threw to obj, mark had minkah on him obj had a rookie on him, watching dan speak on this its a terrible call, why are you throwing redzone fades in shotgun? Yes its a bad ball but it was the right read mark was only open once the ball got released, always tryna find something with lamar  how many bad throws he had compared to good throws that game? 

I'm speaking about this particular instance because it's an instance where Lamar made a completely horrible decision and throw in a critical moment in a game after Pittsburhg gave us the ball on the 5 yard line up by however many points. All we had to do was kick a FG and we likely win this game. Instead, we turn the ball over then they immediately score and take over all momentum.

I'm highlighting this play because it's just something I would expect from Zach Wilson or Daniel Jones, not Lamar. Great QB's simply don't make these mistakes, and yet Lamar is almost setting records for how many games he can have with 2+ turnovers in the 4th Quarter.

6 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

se it's an instance where Lamar made a completely horrible decision and throw in a critical moment in a game after Pittsburhg gave us the ball on the 5 yard line up by however many points. All we had to do was kick a FG and we likely win this game. Instead, we turn the ball over then they immediately score and take over all momentum.

Yeah it was a bad ball, but the decision wasn't horrible  that was the correct read, bad call even worse throw

7 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

highlighting this play because it's just something I would expect from Zach Wilson or Daniel Jones, not Lamar. Great QB's simply don't make these mistakes, and yet Lamar is almost setting records for how many games he can have with 2+ turnovers in the 4th Quarter.

Have you've been watching football? a lot of qbs been turning the ball over, but guess what those great qbs also have great weapons which can bail them out lamar doesn't, the fumble should've had happen but the O-line isn't as good as some said it was, he cant even let deep routes develop most of the time because pressure already getting there