Week 5: Ravens @ Steelers

Ray Reed

Ravens preview: Rivalry renewed in Steelers road game

We're 3-0 when I make the gameday thread, and 0-1 when I don't. So, you're welcome.

The Ravens are 1-5 against the Steelers since 2020 with the 1 victory being that Tyler Huntley/Anthony Brown game. Unacceptable. If we're able to turn that around this week we'll be 3-0 in road division games through the first 5 weeks of the season. Huge opportunity. 

Random Predictions
-Zay Flowers and Rashod Bateman both score TDs
-Lamar DOESN'T fumble this week
-He does throw an interception, though
-In a weird twist of fate, the Steelers don't
-Justice Hill is our leading rusher
-The defense gives up a 40+ yard TD for the first time this season
-Mark Andrews is held to less than 60 yards receiving
-The Ravens get outgained by the Steelers but cash in in the redzone and win 23-18

ben roethlisberger | Tag | PrimoGIF

Ray Rice putting the moves on Troy Polamalu : r/ravens

Courtney Upshaw Levels Ben Roethlisberger

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 1

Even with all the injuries the Ravens are obviously the favorites here, but anyone just banking on a win is foolish. These games always seem to be a grind and with some issues across the OL, the offense at large still in it's learning stage, and the still real(despite surprising success) level of injury to hit certain positions - anything can happen. 

We found a way to lose against an inferior team in the Colts, so hopefully the coaches are on high alert for this one and don't make the same mistakes.

I'd like to see some more verticality in this one from Monken, with shots downfield to the WRs and TEs. We've grown a little conservative and I don't know if that's the product of Bate and OBJ going down early, game plans for specific defenses, worry over backup OL being able to sustain a longer pocket, or just Monken's default right now. Either way, stretching defenses vertically will make life easier on the other aspects of our attack.

• Like 1