Week 5: Ravens @ Steelers

Ray Reed

This is not an overreaction to the game. I think after this season we should move on from John Harbaugh win or lose. There are a few coaches from yester year that are holding on with a thread. Besides Reid in KC I think all teams should move on and start to grow and innovate especially on offense. Harbaugh does seem to be liked overall by the organization but I think that’s not enough. We have “our” quarterback and a lot of talent on this roster. Decosta is a good GM regardless of what people think. This team is capable of competing at a higher level and if we want to get the most potential out of this team we need to bring in someone that can unlock that potential. Harbaugh has been good for us and we did get a Super Bowl so in the end he can leave a success, but we have been stagnant for too long and the saying “doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results” is the perfect representation of where we are now

Couple thoughts post a couple days:

OT needs to be our R1 pick next year. Stanley, Mekari, Faalele cannot be year long starters anymore

If that’s the Marcus Williams we’re gonna get then he might as well get surgery. Can’t play with one arm in the nfl. 

Every goal to go situation needs at least one read option play. 

Edited by M.10.E
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, M.10.E said:

OT needs to be our R1 pick next year. Stanley, Mekari, Faalele cannot be year long starters anymore

If that’s the Marcus Williams we’re gonna get then he might as well get surgery. Can’t play with one arm in the nfl. 

It's funny how Stanley gets raked over the coals for not playing until he was 100% last year, but then when he comes back from injury early and plays at 80% people get mad at him as well. 

16 hours ago, M.10.E said:

OT/CB/DL should all be in play for our premium picks. The OTs are fine when healthy but that's getting rarer and rarer, CB depth seems to get hit with injuries every single year, and the DL isn't bad, it's just a bunch of "meh" guys. Def think two of those three we'll see taken in the first 3 rounds.

Edited by Ray Reed

8 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

It's funny how Stanley gets raked over the coals for not playing until he was 100% last year, but then when he comes back from injury early and plays at 80% people get mad at him as well. 

All I said he can’t be relied upon for a full season. Am I wrong?

48 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

OT/CB/DL should all be in play for our premium picks. The OTs are fine when healthy but that's getting rarer and rarer, CB depth seems to get hit with injuries every single year, and the DL isn't bad, it's just a bunch of "meh" guys. Def think two of those three we'll see taken in the first 3 rounds.

It’s just easier to find replacement level players at the other two positions. Finding a replacement level tackle in August is almost impossible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M.10.E said:

It’s just easier to find replacement level players at the other two positions. Finding a replacement level tackle in August is almost impossible.

Yeah. You can scheme around a bit to cover weaknesses at corner and the defensive line. Not so much for anywhere along the offense line unless you want to commit to extra blockers nearly every play. You don't want to. 

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Hot take: Ronnie Stanley is not good anymore, and is super injury prone and I agree OT should be a huge need for us next year.

He was quite good last year, and this year he's played 1.5 games and the one full game he was coming back from injury. 

What makes you think he isn't good anymore?

I finally rewatched this game this evening and am convinced this is the dumbest loss I have ever seen. I feel like we blew the Steelers out in this game as badly as we ever have in the rivalry, but somehow also ended up loss in the actual game result.

Any reactions and takeaways should be discarded, because you are trying to reason about what isn't reasonable at all.

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 2