Week 6 GDT: Ravens vs Titans in London

deeluxx3

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

Not every rookie is the same, man. Just because all these QBs are rookies doesn't mean they all have the same chance at success. We've already seen Stroud play great, and you're going to say Levis has the same chance at success just because he's a mystery?

Would you trade a 1st rounder for 2 4th rounders? I mean that's 2 rookies vs. 1 rookie and all rookies have the same chance at success, right?

Not saying every rookie is the same. But sounds like you are because of where he was drafted lol. 

I guess we should cut Levis now based on your logic. He will never amount to anything. 

Chance at success doesn't mean a historic start like Stroud. All roads to success aren't the same nor measured the same. 

And I'm not basing it in mystery. It's based on skills I saw him show in college and the hope he finds ways to build on that.... Until he shows he can't simple as that. 

Him being drafted #4 overall or 195 overall wouldn't change that for me. It obviously changes how you feel about him. But it doesn't for me. That's all

8 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Not saying every rookie is the same. But sounds like you are because of where he was drafted lol. 

I guess we should cut Levis now based on your logic. He will never amount to anything. 

Chance at success doesn't mean a historic start like Stroud. All roads to success aren't the same nor measured the same. 

And I'm not basing it in mystery. It's based on skills I saw him show in college and the hope he finds ways to build on that.... Until he shows he can't simple as that. 

Him being drafted #4 overall or 195 overall wouldn't change that for me. It obviously changes how you feel about him. But it doesn't for me. That's all

dude, you have got to stop putting words in peoples' mouths. this happens any time we have a disagreement as well, it's an instant jump to "oh i guess you're saying everything sucks now and will forever" instead of actually engaging with the topic at hand. the concrete fact is that 2nd round QBs have a massively lower hit rate than top 5 QBs, and levis fell for a reason. doesn't mean he's going to be a failure; it does mean that based on years and years of data he's less likely to succeed.

23 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

this isn't madden dude. it was rumored that they were looking into moving up to 1 but the bears like the panthers' deal better. they had a DJ moore to offer and we didn't. 

No sh!t just because I think outside the box doesn’t mean that it’s madden like. Again if a guy your guy you go get him, teams pay kings ransom in trading up for a #1 pick to draft a QB all the time. & at the time they do it it’s unheard of. You do recall what the rams gave us to draft Goff do you. 🤔 nobody told the rams this isn’t madden you crazy nobody giving up that much, Goff was Their guy & felt he was worth it. The greatest successors in life think outside the box, shoot for the stars, Elon musk, Steve Jobs, sorry you don’t understand 

33 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

The same way someone can figure Richardson, young and Stroud can have success. 

Different environment. Surrounded by pros. Youth. 

Like it or not, believe in him or not. Up to you. Levis has skills, strengths and weaknesses. 

Just like Stroud did/does. Can he magnify those skills and strengths?

I chose to believe he can until he shows he can't. Similar to how I felt about Malik. 

Belief only until proven otherwise. Chance at success until proven otherwise. 

Houston doesn't have this bounty of talent. Stroud is just being good. 

That's how I personally figure it. Just me. 

Stroud necessarily didn’t have any weakness far as throwing the football & decision making, the biggest knock on Stroud the entire draft even @KingTitan was on the fence about taking Stroud was, he plays for OHST, & no QB has faired well from OHST so far in the NFL, Stroud had knocks because he had a plethora of elite WR prospects to throw to as well. Stroud case was simply how good is he or how good are the WR’s making him. I watch so much film on dude than any QB since Joe Burrow, & he was mechanically sound from the feet to the arm up, ball placement was elite, he could throw a WR open, he threw with anticipation, & he put it where the WR, could catch it & make a play after the catch. The only thing I saw with Stroud was he typically read a short field not too many reads, that was it. 

14 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

dude, you have got to stop putting words in peoples' mouths. this happens any time we have a disagreement as well, it's an instant jump to "oh i guess you're saying everything sucks now and will forever" instead of actually engaging with the topic at hand. the concrete fact is that 2nd round QBs have a massively lower hit rate than top 5 QBs, and levis fell for a reason. doesn't mean he's going to be a failure; it does mean that based on years and years of data he's less likely to succeed.

All I can go by is what someone is saying until they clarify. 

His literal point is that because he was drafted in the second round his chances for success aren't great. 

I don't understand how this is some big take to say "I BELIEVE...I(Me. Singular I) believe he can have success until he proves to me he can't. 

Where is the freaking hot take?  

And the counter is years and years of data. I say. I don't care. I (singular me) believe until shown otherwise. 

There is a reason while thousands of GMs in the league draft QBs outside of the top 5 every year.  It's because they believe (they them, he, she) believes that maybe they can get something out of them. 

I didn't say he would be Stroud. I didn't say he would be out franchise QB. I said I believe he can have a chance of success just like any of the QBs drafted.

Geez. 

I don't care where he was drafted. I don't care where any player is drafted. If I think they have some skill. I'll think they can build on it. I'll hope they can.

None of you have to share that belief. 

Someone believes in Sam Howell and Brock Prudy for their team. 

12 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

No sh!t just because I think outside the box doesn’t mean that it’s madden like. Again if a guy your guy you go get him, teams pay kings ransom in trading up for a #1 pick to draft a QB all the time. & at the time they do it it’s unheard of. You do recall what the rams gave us to draft Goff do you. 🤔 nobody told the rams this isn’t madden you crazy nobody giving up that much, Goff was Their guy & felt he was worth it. The greatest successors in life think outside the box, shoot for the stars, Elon musk, Steve Jobs, sorry you don’t understand 

I can't cringe any harder than I did after reading this.

5 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Stroud necessarily didn’t have any weakness far as throwing the football & decision making, the biggest knock on Stroud the entire draft even @KingTitan was on the fence about taking Stroud was, he plays for OHST, & no QB has faired well from OHST so far in the NFL, Stroud had knocks because he had a plethora of elite WR prospects to throw to as well. Stroud case was simply how good is he or how good are the WR’s making him. I watch so much film on dude than any QB since Joe Burrow, & he was mechanically sound from the feet to the arm up, ball placement was elite, he could throw a WR open, he threw with anticipation, & he put it where the WR, could catch it & make a play after the catch. The only thing I saw with Stroud was he typically read a short field not too many reads, that was it. 

Again.....

I never said they'd match success. I said chance. And if you don't believe it based on what you said... cool. 

I think Levis can be a successful QB. 

14 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Think outside the box but stay in the box and don't draft a QB outside of the top 5 and think he can be successful 🤣🤣

Lol 

16 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

the bears were looking for a #1 receiver for fields. it's been widely reported that they were non-negotiable on DJ moore from the panthers. we didn't have a DJ moore to give, *and* were working with a later pick. there was basically no offer we could've made to beat them. but frankly, i don't know why i'm repeating all this, because it's like talking with a brick wall.

All I can go by is what someone is saying until they clarify. 

His literal point is that because he was drafted in the second round his chances for success aren't great. 

yes because it's LITERALLY TRUE. the entire history of QB drafting tells us this. i don't know how to make this any clearer for you.

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

yes because it's LITERALLY TRUE. the entire history of QB drafting tells us this. i don't know how to make this any clearer for you.

And you ignore everything I said. Lol 

I said I don't care....

I think he can be successful. How is that not clear to you??

I didn't ask for percentages or chances for success. 

He replied and asked how so? And I gave my reasoning. You don't like my reasoning fine! Lol 

What's so hard to understand for you? 

Again.....

I never said they'd match success. I said chance. And if you don't believe it based on what you said... cool. 

I think Levis can be a successful QB. 

You miss the whole point I never said that you said they’ll match success, do I need to pull up old conversation we had about Stroud. You said that you weren’t sold on stroud because Ohio St QB’s look good in college & don’t typically do to well in the NFL. I’m not even talking about comparing him to Levi’s nor did I say you said anything about him & levis. So what are you talking about 

11 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Think outside the box but stay in the box and don't draft a QB outside of the top 5 and think he can be successful 🤣🤣

Lol 

Again the point was if a QB is your guy keyword your guy you do what’s necessary to get him, if the QB isn’t your guy, meaning you can’t put a price on your guy, go get him even if it may be a Kings ransom. you don’t are we struggling with reading comprehension today. 😮‍💨 

Edited by TitanRedd

6 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

And you ignore everything I said. Lol 

I said I don't care....

I think he can be successful. How is that not clear to you??

I didn't ask for percentages or chances for success. 

He replied and asked how so? And I gave my reasoning. You don't like my reasoning fine! Lol 

What's so hard to understand for you? 

that's fine. you can believe whatever you want. what i take issue with is responding to a concrete fact with "I guess we should cut Levis now based on your logic. He will never amount to anything." because absolutely nobody was saying that. you're wildly misrepresenting an argument because you refuse to actually engage with what's in front of you.

• Like 1