The Week 7 Thread: (3-3) Washington Commanders at (1-5) New York Football Giants, 1 PM CBS / GIF Theme: Little Giants

MikeT14

It's sad, but Sam is starting to see the rush. I fear he's being turned into Patrick Ramsey & Jason Campbell behind this offensive line. 

Yes, a rush was coming on that play and there was an unblocked blitzer but there was probably a hot read he needed to hit, whether that's the RB, a short throw to the TE or the slot WR and Sam saw the rush and just ducked & took his eyes off downfield.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

Just now, turtle28 said:

It's sad, but Sam is starting to see the rush. I fear he's being turned into Patrick Ramsey & Jason Campbell behind this offensive line. 

Yes, a rush eascoking on that play and there was an unblocked blitzer but there was probably a hot read he needed to hit, whether that's the RB, a short throw to the TE or the slot WR and Sam saw the rush and just ducked & took his eyes off downfield.

For how many times Howell has been sacked, how many fumbles does he have? I would rather him protect the ball and take the sack rather than force the ball to a covered receiver or lose the ball by not securing it.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yes, a rush was coming on that play and there was an unblocked blitzer but there was probably a hot read he needed to hit, whether that's the RB, a short throw to the TE or the slot WR and Sam saw the rush and just ducked & took his eyes off downfield.

We have no clue if there was a hot read and he was sacked the moment he hit the top of his drop. You can’t expect to have any kind of offense with an OL like this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

For how many times Howell has been sacked, how many fumbles does he have? I would rather him protect the ball and take the sack rather than force the ball to a covered receiver or lose the ball by not securing it.

That has nothing to do with my point. I fear he's seeing the rush & not even looking downfield when pressured like Ramsey & Campbell did. 

Yay for not turning it over, but you also can’t be deer in the headlights with the pass rush and see the rush coming. You have to keep you're eyes downfield & hit your check downs & hot reads which he rarely does by the way.

• Like 1

Just now, lavar703 said:

They’ll somehow come back and win this game. Cry about the fans not showing up and then they’ll get beat by 40 by the Eagles at home 

This will most likely be the last game I waste my time watching the team this year. Unless the new owners grow a spine and fire Ron Rivera, this is the best we can expect week in and week out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

We have no clue if there was a hot read and he was sacked the moment he hit the top of his drop. You can’t expect to have any kind of offense with an OL like this. 

Was there a RB in protection? I don't know, I'd have to watch the play again, but if there wasn't he'd have the RB as a check down.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

That has nothing to do with my point. I fear he's seeing the rush & not even looking downfield when pressured like Ramsey & Campbell did. 

Yay for not turning it over, but you also can’t be deer in the headlights with the pass rush and see the rush coming. You have to keep you're eyes downfield & hit your check downs & hot reads which he rarely does by the way.

I 100% disagree with you. Watch the game sometime without your blinders and maybe you will see Sam consistently standing in the pocket behind a ****ty offensive line. Heck he even steps up into said terrible offensive line to complete passes.