Don't look now, but Patrick Mahomes has a DEFENSE

General Tso

16 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I feel like yall tried to run in the first half, Chiefs just stopped it. Which lead to short drives and your defense being on The field too much. 

they started passing more and abandoning the run and they started sustaining some drives to counteract. Lamar just decided to throw into triple coverage again and your rookie made a mistake. Besides that it was working decently enough despite the Chiefs offense dominating with 80 plays in one game

I mean out of the 8 total runs we had, 2 of them went for 15+ yards. We just never even really tried to run, period. Of course you're gonna stop a few here and there, but my goodness.

We were not moving the ball at all most of the game despite passing.

5 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I mean out of the 8 total runs we had, 2 of them went for 15+ yards. We just never even really tried to run, period. Of course you're gonna stop a few here and there, but my goodness.

We were not moving the ball at all most of the game despite passing.

The flip side of that is outside of Gus's 15 yarder, your other runs to backs and Zay went 7 carries for 12 yards. Runs by not Lamar went 8 for 27 yards total, including the 15 yarder by Edwards.

Jackson should've ran more. But I do think it's fair to say they weren't successful when they did hand the ball off.

2 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

The flip side of that is outside of Gus's 15 yarder, your other runs to backs and Zay went 7 carries for 12 yards. Runs by not Lamar went 8 for 27 yards total, including the 15 yarder by Edwards.

Jackson should've ran more. But I do think it's fair to say they weren't successful when they did hand the ball off.

I think it's maybe both? We didn't run enough, but in the short sample size we had we had largely successful runs and also runs of nothing.

Also, again, why the HELL did we make Justice Hill our primary back?!

• Like 1

On 1/31/2024 at 7:55 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I think it's maybe both? We didn't run enough, but in the short sample size we had we had largely successful runs and also runs of nothing.

Also, again, why the HELL did we make Justice Hill our primary back?!

Edwards is a North/South RB. The Chiefs were packing the box and, excepting the one run, completely snuffed every other designed run. Hill at least gave them more options on the edge. 

In any event, check out Rich Eisen interviewing Brian Baldinger

3 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

8fjnbw.jpg

Spagz Da Gawd

It’s cool but isn’t it kind of meaningless? 

17 + 4 playoff games = entire schedule

16 + 3 playoff games = entire schedule

I’m fairly certain all those teams except the 2010 Packers had a first round bye, which means everyone did it every week? 

Just now, roger murdock said:

It’s cool but isn’t it kind of meaningless? 

17 + 4 playoff games = entire schedule

16 + 3 playoff games = entire schedule

I’m fairly certain all those teams except the 2010 Packers had a first round bye, which means everyone did it every week? 

It’s just something some of the best defenses of all time do, cementing the Chiefs as one of them.