Don't look now, but Patrick Mahomes has a DEFENSE

General Tso

1 hour ago, CP3MVP said:

How are you defining “shut down” corner?

Justin Jefferson vs Chiefs : 6 targets 3 catches 28 yards 

Anybody that McDuffie or Sneed has lined up against has largely been shut down. not only do they shut down receivers, they also are phenomenal tacklers and blitzers. 

Most yards given up through the air this year on the Chiefs are from Josh Williams or Jaylen Watson in coverage. Generally the coverage has been phenomenal for the Chiefs. We’ll see if this continues 

9 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Justin Jefferson vs Chiefs : 6 targets 3 catches 28 yards 

Anybody that McDuffie or Sneed has lined up against has largely been shut down. not only do they shut down receivers, they also are phenomenal tacklers and blitzers. 

Most yards given up through the air this year on the Chiefs are from Josh Williams or Jaylen Watson in coverage. Generally the coverage has been phenomenal for the Chiefs. We’ll see if this continues 

I was so ticked that the Cardinals passed on McDuffie. He was my top pick to be their #1 CB. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

This is the same defense that 2(?) weeks ago let Zach Wilson look competent..........

Zach Wilson played well that game though. It isn't like KC was playing badly. Wilson is a bad player who had a good game. It happens. And they still only scored 18 points. But Wilson legit did good things there. The back shoulder throws to Conkiln and Ruckert, the TD to Lazard. Some really good passes into good coverage there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

Zach Wilson played well that game though. It isn't like KC was playing badly. Wilson is a bad player who had a good game. It happens. And they still only scored 18 points. But Wilson legit did good things there. The back shoulder throws to Conkiln and Ruckert, the TD to Lazard. Some really good passes into good coverage there.

Yeah hence why I'm not overly impressed with KC's defense. Haven't been all year, despite their rankings. If you let Zach freaking Wilson look good against you, there should be giant asterisks next to everything you do.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah hence why I'm not overly impressed with KC's defense. Haven't been all year, despite their rankings. If you let Zach freaking Wilson look good against you, there should be giant asterisks next to everything you do.

Again, there's a difference between playing bad as a defense, so someone bad does well, and someone who is normally bad just playing well for a game. Wilson made great throws into good coverage. That's not KC making Wilson look good, that's just Wilson making some great plays. It happens.

Like, if a terrible WR makes a one handed catch on the sideline, the appropriate response isn't that the DB is crap for letting a bad WR go off, it's that sometimes bad players still have good plays and games.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

So the Bills were not an impressive defense last year and they should have asterisks against everything they did? 

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

oh so you discount the Chiefs because Zack Wilson literally played out of his mind one game, and still only scored 18 points  but you consider the Ravens a Top 2 Defense even though they’ve played absolutely nobody. gotcha

19 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

oh so you discount the Chiefs because Zack Wilson literally played out of his mind one game, and still only scored 18 points  but you consider the Ravens a Top 2 Defense even though they’ve played absolutely nobody. gotcha

"still only scored 18 points" lol imagine patting yourself on the back for giving up 18 points to Zach Wilson.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

"still only scored 18 points" lol imagine patting yourself on the back for giving up 18 points to Zach Wilson.

Yeah 18 points isn’t a lot, not to sure where you come from where you think that’s a lot… is that because the Ravens can’t score or what? I get the Ravens defense gets a Pat on the back for playing nobody but damn Man.

even Matt Cassel could have a decent game against a good defense once upon a time, it’s really not out of the ordinary. 

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

Yeah 18 points isn’t a lot, not to sure where you come from where you think that’s a lot… is that because the Ravens can’t score or what? I get the Ravens defense gets a Pat on the back for playing nobody but damn Man.

even Matt Cassel could have a decent game against a good defense once upon a time, it’s really not out of the ordinary. 

Yeah Zach Wilson is significantly worse than Matt Cassel ever was. He's significantly worse than 99% of QB's to ever start multiple games in the NFL, ever. 18 points is a lot to allow from ZACH WILSON. Might not be a lot for your defense, though. Idk. But hey, congrats on keeping Zach Wilson under 20! Only every other team he's ever played against can say that.