Trade Deadline Discussion and Prediction/Preference Poll

DreamKid

Trade Discussion  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Prediction: Do we make a trade before the deadline?

2. 2. If we trade for an EDGE, who would you want?

• Chase Young
    • Danielle Hunter
    • Brian Burns
    • Carl Lawson
    • Other(Leave name in comments)
  3. 3. If we trade for a RB, who would you want?

• Derrick Henry
    • Saquon Barkley
    • Zack Moss
    • Other(Leave name in comments)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/01/2023 at 12:00 AM

Don't see us trading for an edge when we've already got Van Noy and Clowney performing at high levels with Oweh and Ojabo both working their way back.

RB is more of a need, but Saquon's asking price will be too high, Henry is a rich man's Gus Edwards and Zack Moss doesn't move the needle for me.

I don't see us making a move.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Don't see us trading for an edge when we've already got Van Noy and Clowney performing at high levels with Oweh and Ojabo both working their way back.

RB is more of a need, but Saquon's asking price will be too high, Henry is a rich man's Gus Edwards and Zack Moss doesn't move the needle for me.

I don't see us making a move.

The question is, what price would Saquon be worth it? You never know if his price is too high until you start haggling. The Giants already had a chance to sign him long term and chose not to do it, so they can't ask for too much because they've already shown they aren't willing to invest in him. 

Mid Season trades swung by EDC thus far-

2019- CB Marcus Peters: 5th Round Pick + LB Kenny Young

2020- EDGE Yannick Ngakoue: 3rd Round Pick + Conditional 5th Round Pick

2022- LB Roquan Smith: 2nd Round Pick + 5th Round Pick + LB AJ Klein

It should also be noted that the Ravens tried to trade for Jalen Ramsey in 2019, Jadeveon Clowney in 2020, and Xavien Howard in 2021.

DeCosta likes fishing for big name defensive players in these deals. 

Don’t want Henry at all. Outside of that wildcat play last week we saw it firsthand - he’s at the “run into the back of your OL and get 3 yards and then fall down every play” stage of his career. I don’t think he brings an added element to the offense at all.

Saquon could be pretty cool but health. Burns would be unreal. Id take Young because I don’t have much faith in the guys behind Van Noy and Clowney this year.

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Don’t want Henry at all. Outside of that wildcat play last week we saw it firsthand - he’s at the “run into the back of your OL and get 3 yards and then fall down every play” stage of his career. I don’t think he brings an added element to the offense at all.

Saquon could be pretty cool but health. Burns would be unreal. Id take Young because I don’t have much faith in the guys behind Van Noy and Clowney this year.

What if I told you this has been Derrick Henry for years but nobody wants to talk about that? He's always a guy who needs 15 carries because on 14 of them he's gonna do nothing, and on the 15th or somewhere in there the OL will create a giant opening or the defense will lapse and he'll break it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

What if I told you this has been Derrick Henry for years but nobody wants to talk about that? He's always a guy who needs 15 carries because on 14 of them he's gonna do nothing, and on the 15th or somewhere in there the OL will create a giant opening or the defense will lapse and he'll break it. 

Totally agree actually. I was talking about that in NFL Gen this offseason. Don't want any part of Henry.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

5 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Totally agree actually. I was talking about that in NFL Gen this offseason. Don't want any part of Henry.

Not a great take IMO. Henry was objectively awesome in 2019 and 2020. He put up absurd yards after contact numbers.