Trade Deadline Discussion and Prediction/Preference Poll

DreamKid

Trade Discussion  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Prediction: Do we make a trade before the deadline?

2. 2. If we trade for an EDGE, who would you want?

• Chase Young
    • Danielle Hunter
    • Brian Burns
    • Carl Lawson
    • Other(Leave name in comments)
  3. 3. If we trade for a RB, who would you want?

• Derrick Henry
    • Saquon Barkley
    • Zack Moss
    • Other(Leave name in comments)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/01/2023 at 12:00 AM

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

We're not getting "at one point" Derrick Henry. We're getting declined Derrick Henry, which at this point is not really an upgrade over Gus Edwards.

Yes, I agree! 

I just want to clarify that at one point, IMO he was an awesome back, but it seemed like the point you made that he was never that good. That's all I was disagreeing with. 

I was a big supporter of trading for Brian Burns but I now think that doesn’t make sense we have too many pass rushers it just wouldn’t make sense especially for the asking price. To be honest I absolutely think we should try to acquire a player at the deadline ideally someone that helps us now but can be a part of the team in the future.

Patrick Surtain is my #1 choice. This team doesn’t really have too many holes I think CB is a place we can improve. Adding CB is always good idea especially with our track record with injuries in the secondary. Not only would he help us this season but can be a cornerstone type player for us in the future. Surtain and Stephens on the outside and Humphrey is the slot would be amazing only adding to an amazing defense. The question is what the broncos would want if they would trade him at all. I think. A 1st and 4th this season and a second next year could potentially get it done.

Leonard Williams is the second player. Now idk if we would be able to retain him long term but I think he would greatly help this season. Our D line is playing out of their minds but adding another piece can only help. This would allow all the d line get more rest with better rotation. This should help our defense play better late in games. I think a 3rd should get this done.

what do you guys think?

Also we need to extend Madubuike ASAP

I think I’m starting to be sold with the whole Derrick Henry to Baltimore narrative. I’m hoping Decosta doesn’t overpay which to be fair he doesn’t but if we can get him for 2 3rd day draft picks. Maybe even a 3rd I would be more open to the trade also maybe the ravens negotiate the titans taking some of the salary. I think Henry would help this team now. He hasn’t been the same but not having to be the lead back and splitting cuts with Gus and Hill would keep everyone fresh and hopefully allow Henry to go beast mode in the playoffs. Imagine the the defense wondering if Henry is getting the ball or if Lamar is keeping the ball that can’t be easy lol. Also it looks like his next 2 years aren’t expensive and with Henry, Hill, Mitchelle I think we are good for next year.

i will say I much rather get Patrick Surtain if possible.

Also I have 1 very big fear. If we get Henry and add him to Gus and Hill I’m afraid the coaching staff forces the run and doesn’t allow Lamar to continue to throw the ball

1 hour ago, santiagomn8 said:

I think I’m starting to be sold with the whole Derrick Henry to Baltimore narrative. I’m hoping Decosta doesn’t overpay which to be fair he doesn’t but if we can get him for 2 3rd day draft picks. Maybe even a 3rd I would be more open to the trade also maybe the ravens negotiate the titans taking some of the salary. I think Henry would help this team now. He hasn’t been the same but not having to be the lead back and splitting cuts with Gus and Hill would keep everyone fresh and hopefully allow Henry to go beast mode in the playoffs. Imagine the the defense wondering if Henry is getting the ball or if Lamar is keeping the ball that can’t be easy lol. Also it looks like his next 2 years aren’t expensive and with Henry, Hill, Mitchelle I think we are good for next year.

i will say I much rather get Patrick Surtain if possible.

Also I have 1 very big fear. If we get Henry and add him to Gus and Hill I’m afraid the coaching staff forces the run and doesn’t allow Lamar to continue to throw the ball

Yup. Gonna be a lot of sour Ravens fans when they realize that Henry with 10 touches/game is not a good RB.

7 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yup. Gonna be a lot of sour Ravens fans when they realize that Henry with 10 touches/game is not a good RB.

If he was getting ~10 touches a game (and realistically to begin with, he'd get more) but they were mostly in the 3rd and 4th quarters after Gus, etc. have already worn defenses down a bit, he'd be more effective, not less. Derrick Henry doesn't get better as games wear on because he himself is stronger on carries 15-20 but moreso because the last thing a tired linebacker wants to do is try to bring him down. If you keep him fresh and let him loose similar to the way we've used Gus as a closer in the past, he will annihilate defenses. 

Given his age profile I would not want go into next season planning on him as a starter (and I think even if we did trade for him, EDC still goes RB sometime in Rounds 1-3 next year), but in terms of a short-term rental to make a run at a championship, I do think he's a game changer. The Titans offense has been one of the worst in the league so far with him running into 9 man boxes constantly and he's still managing to produce. The threat of chunk plays in the run game is not really something we have right now for the most part. 

And just thinking about this more directly, the road to the Super Bowl runs through Kansas City. You pair Lamar and Derrick Henry together and they can keep Mahomes off the field long enough to give us a fighting chance at pulling that off. 

I think I'd rather still go for Chase Young if we're going to make a big trade, because of the long-term value he offers, but I"m absolutely on board with making a run at the chip with Henry. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli
  • Like 1