2023-2024 NBA GDT: Offseason

11sanchez11

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Tough to match salaries. I figured Nance would be the easiest to let go of and then look for a cheaper big to replace with. I think we could give Anthony Gill back with a TE.

Yeah, it will probably be the biggest issue with the Pelicans. They have big salary and small salary, not many moveable contracts. I think Nance is too important to let go. We'd have zero playable bigs behind Jonas.

1 hour ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

At least Gradey and Scoot are getting minutes.  Has Jett Howard even played more than 5 minutes in a game?  I'd say Davis and Howard right now.  Ousmane Dieng can't seem to get minutes either, but he's kind of behind a logjam of other young guys who need minutes on a team that's competing.  Honestly too early for any of it to really mean much though.

Gradey might be the worst because they took him over Jordan Hawkins, who is better at basically every aspect of basketball...including shooting.

2 hours ago, Kingram said:

Gradey might be the worst because they took him over Jordan Hawkins, who is better at basically every aspect of basketball...including shooting.

Jett Howard was also taken ahead of Hawkins.

• Like 2

Also, not quite a lottery pick, but the Lakers taking Jalen Hood-Schifino at #17 (who can't play on a bad team) with the next 3 picks being Jamie Jaquez Jr., Brandin Podziemski and Cam Whitmore looks awful right now.

4 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

Athletic reporting the Rockets going star hunting.  That's why I told @KingramI'm going to revisit his post in a year or two.  

Why? That's irrelevant to my point. It actually proves my point. The roster as currently constructed has very little upside in terms of being a contender. They need to move guys like Green/Jabari/picks for a star.

So I just gotta say, Stephen A. Smith said the most egregious thing about basketball ever today. His sesame st starting 5: 

C- Big Bird

PG- Elmo

SG- Ernie

SF- Cookie Monster

PF- Oscar the Grouch

how tf can you have Ernie in the lineup without Bert? If anything, you gotta choose Bert OVER Ernie. 

1 minute ago, Kingram said:

Jabari Smith has been such a disappointment. Dude just got Jose Alvarado to switch onto him and didn’t shoot over him or try and take him to the post lol 

I mean, unless you expected him to be an immediate All-Star player, this seems like serious hyperbole. He's putting up 14 and 9 on good scoring efficiency with good defense at 20 years old. If this is where he plateaus, then sure, a disappointment. But I don't see that happening.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I mean, unless you expected him to be an immediate All-Star player, this seems like serious hyperbole. He's putting up 14 and 9 on good scoring efficiency with good defense at 20 years old. If this is where he plateaus, then sure, a disappointment. But I don't see that happening.

I mean, he was essentially labeled as the safest pick in the draft. He’s been a decent role player. It’s mostly just how conservative he is. Dude had a 5’8” PG on him and got rid of the ball lol 

4 hours ago, Kingram said:

Why? That's irrelevant to my point. It actually proves my point. The roster as currently constructed has very little upside in terms of being a contender. They need to move guys like Green/Jabari/picks for a star.

you literally said in a post they need to tank for another high pick lol