2023-2024 NBA GDT: Offseason

11sanchez11

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

Depends on how you define star. He was an All-Star last year and is a very good player.

all star and star two different things.  He is a very good player but I seriously doubt he is a first option on a legit contender. I was just trolling NY Raider for overrating him and Keyonte George lol

9 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

lmao lauri is way, way better and way, way, way more positionally valuable 

Not really. It's 2024, you can run your offense through centers again. No one sane would take a one-dimensional ballhog like Lauri over Sengun. Rockets are easily in a better position than Utah.

• Like 1

I was hoping Kennard would be traded. Oh well I guess.

I'm proud of the Lakers for not bowing down to LeBron's tactics. They can make better moves this summer, when they know what LeBron is doing.

31 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

No they arent.  The goal for the Rockets this season is to be better than the past few years.  Jazz are in the worst position possible as currently constructed, and jazz currently have no stars or potential stars on their roster.  Stop it.  lol.

If Markkanen is a star like you claimed then Sengun is definitely a star.  If you think George is a potential star then I can turn around and say Whitmore is a potential star.  See that's fun!

Lauri was an All-Star starter last season and is light years better than Sengun buddy. The Rockets are going to be stuck in the middle with no one on their roster that can even sniff an All-Star game in the foreseeable future and don't even have 1/5 of the assets that the Jazz have to tool their roster.

10 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Not really. It's 2024, you can run your offense through centers again. No one sane would take a one-dimensional ballhog like Lauri over Sengun. Rockets are easily in a better position than Utah.

Have you seen the draft capital that the Jazz have to work with buddy?

Building around Sengun is taking you nowhere but an 8th seed at best

11 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

all star and star two different things.  He is a very good player but I seriously doubt he is a first option on a legit contender. I was just trolling NY Raider for overrating him and Keyonte George lol

Yeah, just depends. Lauri certainly does not meet that standard. To me, that's what I call an elite or superstar player. A true top notch guy that can go to any team and be the best player and lead them deep in the playoffs. A star player to me would be a secondary All-Star on a contender like Jamal Murray, Klay Thompson, Khris Middleton, etc. I'm not sure Lauri is quite at that level, but I think he could be the 2nd best player on a title team depending on the team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Lauri was an All-Star starter last season and is light years better than Sengun buddy. The Rockets are going to be stuck in the middle with no one on their roster that can even sniff an All-Star game in the foreseeable future and don't even have 1/5 of the assets that the Jazz have to tool their roster.

Saving this.  

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Have you seen the draft capital that the Jazz have to work with buddy?

Building around Sengun is taking you nowhere but an 8th seed at best

I'm trying to help you out a little...but building around Lauri puts teams in the exact same spot. Neither can be the best player on a true contender.

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

Saving this.  

The Rockets core is legitimately one of the worst I've ever seen with FVV / Brooks / Green / JSJ / Sengun

Like it's the definition of mid, three inconsistent chuckers, the poor man's Harrison Barnes, and the homeless man's version of Jokic

Just now, seminoles1 said:

I'm trying to help you out a little...but building around Lauri puts teams in the exact same spot. Neither can be the best player on a true contender.

Lauri is a 7 foot 3P sniper, he's a good #2, we need to find a #1. Sengun is a liability on defense and there's a reason the Rockets have been the worst damn team in the league for the last three years with him as a key cog

9 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

he's the second most efficient high volume scorer in the league. okay, he doesn't pass. that's fine. he can keep shooting 50/40/88 whenever he wants. his ts% is seven points higher than league average and sengun's is actually three points lower than league average

find me a single team that couldn't use a seven footer who's also one of the best shooters in the league in their starting lineup right now. seriously, find one

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Rockets core is legitimately one of the worst I've ever seen with FVV / Brooks / Green / JSJ / Sengun

Like it's the definition of mid, three inconsistent chuckers, the poor man's Harrison Barnes, and the homeless man's version of Jokic

If you think that is the core going forward then IDK what to tell you. 

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

If you think that is the core going forward then IDK what to tell you. 

The Rockets really only have one notable player in their core and that's a Jokic rip off who can't guard me