I_GET_SAX

Boston Sports Thread

16 hours ago, Elky said:

Is this best Red Sox team in recent memory?

If they can win it all. 

18 hours ago, Elky said:

Is this best Red Sox team in recent memory?

best regular season team of all time at least

6 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I love watching Eovaldi pitch

Be nice if the Sox could bring him back next year.

12 minutes ago, Starless said:

Be nice if the Sox could bring him back next year.

Nah, they will just go for the next overpriced starter on the market. 

MLB Postseason Pre-Game on TBS with Jimmy Rollins, Gary Sheffield, Pedro Martinez and the host, is so good, it makes me emotional to the point I’m on the verge of tears. Go Sox.

3 of our past 4 managers have taken us to the World Series in their first season (Tito, Farrell, now Cora).

2 hours ago, Elky said:

3 of our past 4 managers have taken us to the World Series in their first season (Tito, Farrell, now Cora).

They should just fire every manager after their first season and hire a new one. The logic is flawless.

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I dont want to face the Dodgers simply because Machado is on that team

That is one of the main reasons why I do want the Red Sox to face the Dodgers.

3 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

That is one of the main reasons why I do want the Red Sox to face the Dodgers.

He's a Sox killer though

19 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

He's a Sox killer though

He's a sore loser with a lot of attention being put on him after kicking the Brewers first basement. The pressure will affect him at some point in this World Series and the Sox will be even more motivated to strike him out given his history. If the Dodgers get behind, Machado will already have his sights set to New York and mail it in I predict. And regardless of what Machado has done in the past to the Red Sox, I'm not worried about it right now after beating the Astros.

Beating the Astros is no small feat, but I feel like a lot of those games could have EASILY gone the other way. The fan interference, the Benny catch in game 4, etc. In all honesty the ALCS should really still be going if not for some amazing plays in the outfield. Credit to them obviously, but we can't rely on that going in against an, IMO, more potent line up. The Dodgers have miraculously similar team batting stats to the Astros except one that really sticks out. They have 142 more total bases. More HRs, more doubles, more triples. They dont have to string as many hits together as the Astros do to score runs. The Sox pitching staff was able to work around quite a few baserunners in the ALCS, I think the Dodgers are much more likely to turn them into runs. They are a slightly tougher matchup than the Astros IMO. Hopefully making 37 more mistakes in the field than Houston comes into play.