Week 8 GDT - Dolphins vs. Patriots: These Fish Don't Stink...

LD696

12 hours ago, jofos said:

There are other issues sure but its a QB drive league and Mac is a horrible driver. 

I agree but it took me some time.  Blind fool that was me no more. But there is not a guy in the draft or in the NFL that could fix this mess BB created. This talent is God awful.

Our best offensive player RS looks like crap because of whats around him. No blocking, Qb, WR, TE, and a system from 1970's That today game is useless.

It basically a offense the is made to not screw up use clock to win with defense in the end. Think about that, that only works if you have Brady to move the chains. One interception, fumble flag of screw up and the drive is over.

1st play holding 1st and 20, DRIVE OVER. That's the way BB wants it, hand off or screen is the next play. Next play something  safe at the LOS, no gain why NO passing game.

Douglas ran what a 100 miles as a decoy behind the LOS, who does that? Send him out on a frigging pass route. The did late and desperate in the 4th.  NUTS!!! 

13 hours ago, m haynes said:

I agree but it took me some time.  Blind fool that was me no more. But there is not a guy in the draft or in the NFL that could fix this mess BB created. This talent is God awful.

Our best offensive player RS looks like crap because of whats around him. No blocking, Qb, WR, TE, and a system from 1970's That today game is useless.

It basically a offense the is made to not screw up use clock to win with defense in the end. Think about that, that only works if you have Brady to move the chains. One interception, fumble flag of screw up and the drive is over.

1st play holding 1st and 20, DRIVE OVER. That's the way BB wants it, hand off or screen is the next play. Next play something  safe at the LOS, no gain why NO passing game.

Douglas ran what a 100 miles as a decoy behind the LOS, who does that? Send him out on a frigging pass route. The did late and desperate in the 4th.  NUTS!!! 

Which is crazy when you consider how bad the OL is. You might be able to get away with Pleicostene Era football if your OL is granite and doesn’t let anything through and/or road grades defenders into the turf. You then might be able to put up enough points with a bad QB and a terrible receiving unit. 

But obviously we have the opposite of that. It’s a disgusting OL.

So what are ways to put up points and yards when your OL is a sieve? I can only really think of the quick passing game. But that requires talented receivers beating their man quickly and winning one-on-ones. Ours can’t.

TL;DR: it’s utterly hopeless with what we have

On 10/30/2023 at 12:14 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

Thoughts on Douglas' role expandinig?

I would like to think that will happen however you have to wonder with BB and a rookie. Any mistakes means rookie dog house over veteran lack of effort and production.

Case and point Ju JU and Boutte. 2 missed toes, against zero production. BB goes with his guy!!!!

On 10/30/2023 at 7:05 PM, Hunter2_1 said:

Which is crazy when you consider how bad the OL is. You might be able to get away with Pleicostene Era football if your OL is granite and doesn’t let anything through and/or road grades defenders into the turf. You then might be able to put up enough points with a bad QB and a terrible receiving unit. 

But obviously we have the opposite of that. It’s a disgusting OL.

So what are ways to put up points and yards when your OL is a sieve? I can only really think of the quick passing game. But that requires talented receivers beating their man quickly and winning one-on-ones. Ours can’t.

TL;DR: it’s utterly hopeless with what we have

Lets no forget a major screw up by BB. Where the heck is the 3rd down back. Two years no one.  Why on earth is Montgomery still on this team. It mind numbing and soil crushing to watch this BB mess.

They say life comes around full circles.  Welcome to my Sullivan's childhood, dying with every loss.  Had to watch the NYG because Pats didn't have fans, so no TV. 

Edited by m haynes
  • Like 1