NBA Mock GM Draft - Draft is Live

MKnight82

Picks pretty much going as expected so far.  I sort of thought Luka would go 2 but can't knock either of the picks ahead of him.  I honestly don't love Embiid but couldn't justify anyone else at that point.  With competent people around him which should happen in a 12 team league, he will be great to build around.   

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Picks pretty much going as expected so far.  I sort of thought Luka would go 2 but can't knock either of the picks ahead of him.  I honestly don't love Embiid but couldn't justify anyone else at that point.  With competent people around him which should happen in a 12 team league, he will be great to build around.   

I would have gone with Tatum just because I think he’s easier to build a roster around.  It’ll be interesting to see what you do going forward.

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I would have gone with Tatum just because I think he’s easier to build a roster around.  It’ll be interesting to see what you do going forward.

I thought about Tatum, but I disagree about building around.  They both are franchise cornerstones and if I was looking at age/longevity for building a franchise I would easily take Tatum but in a one year build a team for now scenario, I think Embiid is the easy choice.  

31 minutes ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

I’m sorry for not digging into it more, but What’s the template? Bench spots, hc, assistants, etc. are we judging off making a dyntasy or a one year team 

The talk was a one year team.  Not sure if we are including coaches.  If so we have to make sure they are included in the regular draft or a separate draft for coaches with a different order.  

Scroll back a page or 2, they essentially define that its for this one season.  That said, everyone is going to voting on it, so, if you had a younger team and all other things being fairly even, I know where I'd vote.

Can't recall if we did coaches last time, but I don't think so.  Also, certainly not assistants.  I can barely name those on my team.