Ongoing Coaching & GM Rumors/Updates Talk

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

Will McClay, Cowboys Vice President of Personnel has declined all interview requests for GM roles.  Great news for Cowboys fans 

Wonder f that was his decision or a request from Jerry not to Rock the boat in any way for the playoffs. Especially this week? Bump in pay if you do?

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

Wonder f that was his decision or a request from Jerry not to Rock the boat in any way for the playoffs. Especially this week? Bump in pay if you do?

His son is a junior in high school and I guess he promised his son he wouldn’t relocate them till after he graduated.

He also has it about as good as it gets - all the praise for what goes right and none of the blame for what goes wrong, and all the pay that comes with being a GM.  If it’s negative people blame Jerry, if it’s a positive people credit McClay.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Xenos said:

Jim Harbaugh connection…

It feels like things are trending towards them hiring Harbaugh next week and Cunningham following shortly after. Honestly, this would be a major change in how the organization operates (hire coach first and then GM). A good change IMO, they missed out on Reid in part because they focused on hiring a GM first then having him pick the HC. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, game3525 said:

Honestly, this would be a major change in how the organization operates (hire coach first and then GM). A good change IMO, they missed out on Reid in part because they focused on hiring a GM first then having him pick the HC. 

Be careful what you wish for my man...

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

Raiders players to Mark Davis after a dozen terrible HC hires:

giphy.gif

It sounds like MD is adamant about hiring a GM firstly, which would be the first time since Reggie McKenzie in 2012? It's the complete right call. However I do believe it's starting to look like the eventual GM would have to be fine with AP getting the job for at least next season.

I think Dodds is the preferred option for MD but if it doesn't work, we run it back with Champ Kelly and AP.

11 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

It sounds like MD is adamant about hiring a GM firstly, which would be the first time since Reggie McKenzie in 2012? It's the complete right call. However I do believe it's starting to look like the eventual GM would have to be fine with AP getting the job for at least next season.

I think Dodds is the preferred option for MD but if it doesn't work, we run it back with Champ Kelly and AP.

"Listen guy we're going to have a mutiny on our hands if we dont hire Pierce, soooo you good with that?"

I dont understand why HC/GM hires cant be independent from one another. Your here to GM, your here to coach. I dont understand why it has to be some sort of buddy cop partnership. Is there any sort of evidence out there that GMs who assist in the HC hire being better than hiring them each independently?

We arnt here for crumpets and tea, we're here to win football games and this is a business. You dont get to pick your bosses or coworkers. In what other industry ever do you get to do that besides pro sports?

PLUS when things do go south (because they will eventually), you don't have to fire the entire regime, you can just pick individuals out of the system and replace them since they don't have any ties/allegiances to one another.

Edited by AkronsWitness