Ongoing Coaching & GM Rumors/Updates Talk

RaidersAreOne

59 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If you're a good team, why would you fire your coach and hire Bill Belichick? Like it doesn't make sense. Nothing you're saying makes sense regarding this topic! lol

He's saying that the prior narrative suggested good teams (in this case, perhaps teams like the Eagles or Cowboys with unstable situations) would gladly fire their coach if Belichick were to become available - and the fact that they haven't means his value was overstated.

The fact that he's nearly 72 is clearly a factor in that - but I think most can agree that Belichick was always going to choose where he went. With the Falcons I think he's basically interviewing them, not the other way around. Regardless, they were arguably the best available job, and it's the best fit for Belichick. He's not settling for anything. "He has to coach a team with Desmond Ridder, what a loser" - yes, but the Falcons can go get another QB if they wish. Cousins has already suggested that he'd love to work with Belichick if given the chance, for example.

Edited by notthatbluestuff

57 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If you're a good team, why would you fire your coach and hire Bill Belichick? Like it doesn't make sense. Nothing you're saying makes sense regarding this topic! lol

No I wouldn’t because he’s washed. I would absolutely fire my coach if Andy Reid Kyle or Sean Mcvay were available and interested though as would several other teams. 

3 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

He's saying that the prior narrative suggested good teams would gladly fire their coach if Belichick were to become available - and the fact that they haven't means his value was overstated.

The fact that he's nearly 72 is clearly a factor in that - but I think most can agree that Belichick was always going to choose where he went. With the Falcons I think he's basically interviewing them, not the other way around. Regardless, they were arguably the best available job, and it's the best fit for Belichick. He's not settling for anything. "He has to coach a team with Desmond Ridder, what a loser" - yes, but the Falcons can go get another QB if they wish. Cousins has already suggested that he'd love to work with Belichick if given the chance, for example.

How are they the best fit for him when they have no QB and there’s no real evidence to suggest he knows what a good QB looks like? He drafted Mac jones in the first round. And I like their defense btw. 

This is the best he can get. 

1 minute ago, CP3MVP said:

How are they the best fit for him when they have no QB and there’s no real evidence to suggest he knows what a good QB looks like? He drafted Mac jones in the first round. And I like their defense btw. 

This is the best he can get. 

Mac Jones was pretty good in his first year, you're acting like Bill drafted Christian Hackenberg lol. Mac regressed but that doesn't mean Belichick doesn't know what a QB is. Not every QB pick is gonna be a hit.

"Shanahan drafted Lance in the first round, he doesn't know what a good QB looks like."

11 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Mac Jones was pretty good in his first year, you're acting like Bill drafted Christian Hackenberg lol. Mac regressed but that doesn't mean Belichick doesn't know what a QB is. Not every QB pick is gonna be a hit.

"Shanahan drafted Lance in the first round, he doesn't know what a good QB looks like."

Mac jones was good for about 6 games his rookie year. There’s levels to busts, not all are hack

36 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

No I wouldn’t because he’s washed. I would absolutely fire my coach if Andy Reid Kyle or Sean Mcvay were available and interested though as would several other teams. 

So thought experiment. A good team in the NFL is probably DET, HOU, CLE or perhaps BAL.

Do you think any of those teams would fire their current coaches if Reid, Shanahana or McVay were fired? I absolutely do not. No good teams fire their coaches. It's insane to even think about.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

So thought experiment. A good team in the NFL is probably DET, HOU, CLE or perhaps BAL.

Do you think any of those teams would fire their current coaches if Reid, Shanahana or McVay were fired? I absolutely do not. No good teams fire their coaches. It's insane to even think about.

I think his thought experiment is if Chicago would fire Eberflus for McVay or NO would fire Allen.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Honestly, I don't particularly want Belichick and we had a bad team. but it is what it is.

4 minutes ago, General Tso said:

No.. that doesn't suit CP3's narrative so that can't be right.

And like, furthermore, let's say you're a bad team like Chicago or NO, and you fire your coach to pursue Belichick.

He picks a better team to go to, because he's Bill freakin' Belichick, why would he go to a rebuilding or bad team like Chicago or NO?

Now you don't have a coach! Uh oh! So now you're a bad team and now you have to scramble for a backup plan at HC. That's how you, as a GM, lose your job.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

17 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

And like, furthermore, let's say you're a bad team like Chicago or NO, and you fire your coach to pursue Belichick.

He picks a better team to go to, because he's Bill freakin' Belichick, why would he go to a rebuilding or bad team like Chicago or NO?

Now you don't have a coach! Uh oh! So now you're a bad team and now you have to scramble for a backup plan at HC. That's how you, as a GM, lose your job.

The scenario CP3 posed was if McVay 100% said he'd be interested in your good team, then that good team might fire their coach to hire him. But nobody did that for Belichick which means... nobody wants him? I don't know.

• Like 1