Week 9 GDT Gmen vs. Raiders @ 4:25pm EST

Giants4eva

Welcome back everyone. Were back to football, sort of. Sorry, am still  just angry af still over that Jets game. This weekend we go into Las Vegas against a Raider team that just fired their HC and GM. They have alot of turmoil that's gone on with their club this year but even with that said, I don't think anyone can match the issues our team has had and continues to have. The injuries, the lack of production, the poor execution and poor decision making by a certain head coach who wont be named. Ok rant over.

What I see coming up is a mixed bag. Our defense can easily abuse this Raider offense. I really feel we can win this game. Davante Adams hasnt been as productive as everyone hoped for in this Raider offense, now that can be attributed to either bad QB play, bad calls on offense, u name it. Josh Jacobs is deceptive, he's the guy i worry about. What becomes the curveball here in this one is the QB for BOTH teams. We don't know if Jimmy G is going to play and if that's the case, Aidan O'Connell is gonna have his hands full with this Giants defense.  

Flip the page and my main question is.. What is the version of Daniel Jones we will see ? Once again, the main question is who is gonna have better QB play. Jones has ability, but will Daboll and Co. limit him running out of the pocket? Will he begin to try to take deep shots with the ball like Tyrod did for us. Were gonna see a heavy dose of Saquon again in this one, and were gonna need someone at the WR position to step up. If we have to rely on Gano to win us this one on a last second FG, im very worried about our chances. There is alot of uncertainty i have with this game coming up. This one could go either way. The Raiders have alot of inner turmoil and issues going on in the locker room and for us we have been hammered with injuries and a brutal opening schedule. Well see how it goes. 

Giants 19 / Raiders 16 

This will be an interesting one. New GM, new HC, new QB, new play caller.

I have literally no idea what to expect. We could come out fired up, AOC is an upgrade over Jimmy, and our O finally gels. Or we come out unshockingly unorganized, with no real rhythm, and our 4th round rookie QB looks totally lost. 

Too bad Waller is out but I can't say that's shocking. 

Edited by RaidersAreOne

33 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I have literally no idea what to expect. We could come out fired up, AOC is an upgrade over Jimmy, and our O finally gels. Or we come out unshockingly unorganized, with no real rhythm, and our 4th round rookie QB looks totally lost. 

We got so many issues on this team on the offensive side of the ball i wouldn't be surprised if you guys beat us. We have almost zero playmakers at WR. Our starting QB is coming off an injury and hasn't played in 3 weeks and our oline is missing multiple starters including our top guy in Andrew Thomas. Nothing at all would surprise me if we lose this game. 

6 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

How has Patrick Graham been as a coordinator for your team? The way to beat DJ this year is by blitzing the hell out of our weak offensive line. Patrick was not big on blitzing when he was the defensive coordinator for the Giants, has this changed with him now being a Raider?

12 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Please just...find a way.. to lose. 

The Giants have found interesting ways to lose games they should have won. While I do hope for our draft position that we can find a way to lose this game, I am not sure we can.

The Raiders were the road team on a short week. There is only so much coaching up they can do and they are given limited time to do it. How is an offensive coordinator who has never called offensive plays before prep for Wink's unique blitz packages? The Raiders are also supposed to be weak against the run which means they will see a heavy dose of Barkley. We are also supposed to be getting Andrew Thomas back. We will also not be using a field goal kicker who has a leg injury to kick our field goals. 

Giants 20

Raiders 13

Sadly the tank is off.

3 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Daniel Jones really wants us to draft a QB. Poor thing

The Giants are a joke, the Raiders are weak against the run so we do 4 passes to start the game. Then our QB gets injured running into his own Tight End and we still keep the QB we didn't trust to throw a pass as our backup QB.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

The Giants are a joke, the Raiders are weak against the run so we do 4 passes to start the game. Then our QB gets injured running into his own Tight End and we still keep the QB we didn't trust to throw a pass as our backup QB.

We are respectfully tanking. 

Thoughts...

We are just sad. Like .. i mean.. pitiful sad. I feel awful absolutely awful for DJ, i dont wanna see any player lose his playing days due to a severe injury like he suffered yesterday. But this team is just a mess. We just absolutely lost on offense. We have no downfield threat, our top TE is out, Saquon is doing every Herculean thing he can to try to give this team some juice and offense but he cant do it by himself. For every step this team takes forward, we take about 10 back. This seasons end cant come fast enough. We need alot of help and honestly just better everything at this point. 

1 hour ago, Giants4eva said:

Thoughts...

We are just sad. Like .. i mean.. pitiful sad. I feel awful absolutely awful for DJ, i dont wanna see any player lose his playing days due to a severe injury like he suffered yesterday. But this team is just a mess. We just absolutely lost on offense. We have no downfield threat, our top TE is out, Saquon is doing every Herculean thing he can to try to give this team some juice and offense but he cant do it by himself. For every step this team takes forward, we take about 10 back. This seasons end cant come fast enough. We need alot of help and honestly just better everything at this point. 

Hyatt is that threat. DJ missed him twice yesterday in single high coverage. Floating one that Hyatt caught just out of bounds then way overthrew another. The kid can fly but DJ's long ball just has not been good throughout his career really. Get this kid a QB who can hook up with him downfield and he's going to be a big problem for years. 

• Like 2

I've already read something along the lines of "Daniel Jones had an anomalous year last year, but returned to his usual form this year" twice. That's not true at all. This was, by far, the WORST Daniel Jones has ever been. He was better even in his rookie year. I've never seen him miss open receivers like he has this year.