Antonio Pierce named HC

NCOUGHMAN

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

Yes. I gave JMD a chance and was even supportive until it was obvious he lost the team and was over his head. I gave Gruden a chance but year 4 was skeptical and was ready to move on if no playoffs

I’d like to see AP at least get a 2 year extension to build upon what he’s shown so far 

I remember when he was hired before the Giants game people were comparing this to the Jeff Saturday situation. He’s blown Saturday coaching out of the water

You're telling me you think Antonio Pierce, who would not get a HC job in college this offseason, will be able to go toe to toe with Andy Reid and Sean Payton in the division?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

You don’t remember players/coaches talking about the difference in the locker room etc etc?

agree to disagree homie

And how has that translated onto the field?

Maybe they play a little more inspired, rallying to the ball, etc. But the results are the same. Nothing has moved needle much at all despite all the rah rah. 

In fact, I'd argue the 0 points, off a bye is among the worst outcomes a coach can put up. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Bottom line for those who seems all in or leaning all in on Pierce.

Do you think Antonio Pierce can go toe to toe with Reid or Payton in the next 2-3 years from a coaching standpoint?

Well see next few weeks too soon to know what to expect imo

• Like 1

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Maybe they play a little more inspired, rallying to the ball, etc. But the results are the same. Nothing has moved needle much at all despite all the rah rah. 

In fact, I'd argue the 0 points, off a bye is among the worst outcomes a coach can put up. 

I’d agree with you if it was his team that he hand selected. This is jmdz team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

Yes. I gave JMD a chance and was even supportive until it was obvious he lost the team and was over his head. I gave Gruden a chance but year 4 was skeptical and was ready to move on if no playoffs

I’d like to see AP at least get a 2 year extension to build upon what he’s shown so far 

I remember when he was hired before the Giants game people were comparing this to the Jeff Saturday situation. He’s blown Saturday coaching out of the water

1-3 over the last month warrants a 2 year extension, nice.

51 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

And more importantly do you trust that he and his offensive staff are ready to develop a young franchise QB.

Him, no, and he probably never will be given he's a defensive guy. 

His staff- well, who knows really. Even the biggest AOC fans have known from the moment he was drafted he had a very limited skillet. Clearly, Josh McDaniels ignored him as far as development went because it "wasn't preseason anymore". 

For a rookie with a limited skillet, he's been pretty good since the trash for thrown out. Great? No. Decent? I'd say so. He's gotten a little better as the lumps have come. 

Point being, AOC isn't a franchise guy, he's just the guy they've had around to work with. It could have gone much, much worse. Depends on where people saw AOC prior- if he was a 4 on a 10 point scale, he's probably seen as a 6 now, that sort of thing. The staff can't create a franchise guy out of a non-franchise guy after all. 

Now, Bo Hardigree would likely be point guy on it. I don't know how I feel about it. We've seen good and bad from him, so the context has to be taken into account- he's calling plays from a partial sheet and is still in the early days of his OC career. He could be the next McVay, he could be the next Todd Downing. We don't really know yet. 

Are there better options? Sure. Wouldn't it be great if Andy Reid got sick of Jackson Mahomes' idiotic presence and left for Vegas. But that ain't happening.

There are some guys who aren't here and may not come that I would trust more. No denying that. But Bo and Co haven't done enough yet for me to say I trust them, nor that I wouldn't. If asked why now if I thought they were capable of it, I'd say yes because they've made AOC look remotely competent at times and he's nowhere close to a franchise caliber QB. Give them a franchise caliber QB and see. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Now, Bo Hardigree would likely be point guy on it. I don't know how I feel about it. We've seen good and bad from him, so the context has to be taken into account- he's calling plays from a partial sheet and is still in the early days of his OC career. He could be the next McVay, he could be the next Todd Downing. We don't really know yet. 

Are there better options? Sure. Wouldn't it be great if Andy Reid got sick of Jackson Mahomes' idiotic presence and left for Vegas. But that ain't happening.

Bo Hardigree is a JMD understudy, you trust that he made the right decision? Might as well keep AOC too then, keep all JMD staff except for him, lol.

54 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

nah, losing vs a HS Coach on a weeks notice is the worst outcome a coach can put up. Nothing has moved much? How many weeks did it take the offensive guru to get 63 points? lol Its crazy that you wanted to give the Patriot Way 3 years, but guys like Rich and AP are just rah rah that will never win, even though they are getting much better results and Josh proved himself a fraud once before. To each their own, though. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Geezy said:

nah, losing vs a HS Coach on a weeks notice is the worst outcome a coach can put up. Nothing has moved much? How many weeks did it take the offensive guru to get 63 points? lol Its crazy that you wanted to give the Patriot Way 3 years, but guys like Rich and AP are just rah rah that will never win, even though they are getting much better results and Josh proved himself a fraud once before. To each their own, though. 

Rah rah man is 1-3 over the last month dude

38 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I dont think APs done quite enough to keep the job, just yet. I think the Vikings game is whats holding me up, to this point, but if he can finish strong and prove he learned something from the first KC matchup, he might have a chance. 

This is where I’m at I know pierce has limitations but these last 3 will tip the scale for me.

Kinda like a known car vs a newer used car. With your car you know everything that wrong and right with it. A newer car means you have to figure it out and hope it’s not a lemon like jmd. 

Minn was disappointing except the defense played was one of the best I’ve ever seen Imo and I’ve been watching us since the 80’s. 

then the charger game….don’t gimme some if you can’t give me more 

kc is a huge test tremendous test

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Bo Hardigree is a JMD understudy, you trust that he made the right decision? Might as well keep AOC too then, keep all JMD staff except for him, lol.

Actually, Hardigree is a John Fox and Adam Gase understudy. 

The same John Fox and Adam Gase that pulled Denver out of the ****show left behind by....you guessed it....Josh McDaniels. 

It's almost as poetic as your hot takes.

• Like 2

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

Actually, Hardigree is a John Fox and Adam Gase understudy. 

The same John Fox and Adam Gase that pulled Denver out of the ****show left behind by....you guessed it....Josh McDaniels. 

It's almost as poetic as your hot takes.

So Bo has coached under offensive masterminds in Adam Gase / Josh McDaniels and a defensive oriented head coach in Fox...

He spent 7 years with Gase and the last 3 years with JMD

Gase gets credit for Peyton Manning coming to Denver? NFL teams thought the same and that's why he completely flamed out and is coaching HS ball rn.

So Bo's two mentors are currently unemployed and coaching in HS. Dude might be the new McVay Jr for sure brother