Antonio Pierce named HC

NCOUGHMAN

33 minutes ago, Rolni said:

0 points after a bye week is unacceptable and I don't really care whether you are a defensive backgrounded HC or not...

Agreed. We weren't playing the '85 Bears or '00 Ravens defenses here. The Vikings defense is... pretty good?

But not putting up a single point, at home, off a bye, with the weapons we have on offense is inexcusable.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Agreed. We weren't playing the '85 Bears or '00 Ravens defenses here. The Vikings defense is... pretty good?

But not putting up a single point, at home, off a bye, with the weapons we have on offense is inexcusable.

Meh we put up 0 vs Saints last year with jmd

offense just sucks between qb and play calling. Unless pierce gonna start calling plays idk what you want. Look at all our pos offensive coaches. Our playbook is weak af. 95% of plays are under 8 yards. Oc has never been a oc before. You want pierce to draw stuff up in the sand or you wanna see jimmy or hoyer? Jmdz wrecked this team and it’s not a lot of options left.

I wanna see garbers brought up tho. 

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh we put up 0 vs Saints last year with jmd

offense just sucks between qb and play calling. Unless pierce gonna start calling plays idk what you want. Look at all our pos offensive coaches. Our playbook is weak af. 95% of plays are under 8 yards. Oc has never been a oc before. You want pierce to draw stuff up in the sand or you wanna see jimmy or hoyer? Jmdz wrecked this team and it’s not a lot of options left.

I wanna see garbers brought up tho. 

I would say this past regime wrecked this team. It wasn't good to begin with and they simply failed to improve it. 

The Raiders had a fluky 2021 run, but that roster was bloated with bad contracts and missed draft picks. There was nothing sustainable there. The studs then (Crosby, Jacobs, Miller) are the same today. Roster looks about the same with some faces coming and going. This regime simply shuffled jags for jags and brought in Adams of note. 

QB obviously they took a step back in comparison to last year. But Carr certainly wouldn't be the answer to the mess. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I would say this past regime wrecked this team. It wasn't good to begin with and they simply failed to improve it. 

The Raiders had a fluky 2021 run, but that roster was bloated with bad contracts and missed draft picks. There was nothing sustainable there. The studs then (Crosby, Jacobs, Miller) are the same today. Roster looks about the same with some faces coming and going. This regime simply shuffled jags for jags and brought in Adams of note. 

QB obviously they took a step back in comparison to last year. But Carr certainly wouldn't be the answer to the mess. 

24 TD and 14 INT last year is starting to look better and better when you compare it to this year.  AOC and Jimmy G have combined for 11 TDs and 16 INTs.  I really think we'd probably be 8-5 if we had last year's offense with this year's defense.  But that's McDaniels for you.  Just messing up everything as much as possible.

Screen screen screen then fake screen lol genius 🤦🏽‍♂️

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

24 TD and 14 INT last year is starting to look better and better when you compare it to this year.  AOC and Jimmy G have combined for 11 TDs and 16 INTs.  I really think we'd probably be 8-5 if we had last year's offense with this year's defense.  But that's McDaniels for you.  Just messing up everything as much as possible.

Sure. But and that's if you don't get the NO version of Carr. And you still couldn't stomach the GTD money he had to be paid. 

14 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Am I the only one that misses the jet sweeps?

I feel like we did a handful of them during the first two games AP was HC and we won those games.  And then the last three games we really haven't been running them at all.

I miss any resemblance of balanced play calling. Hardegree is calling plays off a Waffle House menu at this point.

He has no feel for anything going on. They have no urgency to the line. The run calls are beyond obvious and the short passes and bubble screens do nothing if the defense is playing up.

32 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I miss any resemblance of balanced play calling. Hardegree is calling plays off a Waffle House menu at this point.

He has no feel for anything going on. They have no urgency to the line. The run calls are beyond obvious and the short passes and bubble screens do nothing if the defense is playing up.

And we play again on Thursday so im not expecting a lot of change unfortunately 

Sure. But and that's if you don't get the NO version of Carr. And you still couldn't stomach the GTD money he had to be paid. 

I dint think we would've gotten the NO version- that team is a dysfunctional mess of wannabe convicts who spent years getting made to look far better by a whizz HC and hOF QB. Thomas and Kamara are both malignant cancers to that organization. 

That said, I don't see Carr improving in the system we had enough to make a big difference either way. Love him, hate him, or totally neutral, a QB can only learn so many systems before the returns diminish. We might get another token win or 2 with Carr in year 2, but the offense has been broken from top to bottom on and off the field all season long. The guaranteed money and overall contract wouldn't have been worth another win or two. 

The only reason to have possibly kept him would have been if we somehow got some Gruden tree OC in from day 1 to scrap McDaniels'playbook and take over playcalling duty- Carr in a system he already knew amd had some success in might have been enough to win enough games to make it worthwhile, but that requires soooo much going on with the staff that it simply isn't realistic. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I really don't think we would have gotten the NO version of Carr.  I think we would have gotten an improved version of Carr in McDaniels' system.  Carr typically always does better his second year in the same system.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Yeah.  I agree with everything you wrote.  Our offense is trash.  I feel really bad for D. Adams.  He never deserved this.

14 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Yeah.  I agree with everything you wrote.  Our offense is trash.  I feel really bad for D. Adams.  He never deserved this.

Adams is legit one of the funnest players in the game. His late hand catches, routes and ability to take over a games is must see TV. The Raiders have suppressed any resemblance of that. It's truly sad. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

To actually make adjustments and have the team ready to play?

What adjustments do you suggest

put jimmy in?

fire bo and have the next jmd butt buddy come in for the third play caller in one year?

Add new plays to a playbook your qb barely knows?

imo only thing we can do is bring up garbers. He can run when things go bad with a similar arm to aoc. Like a young stiddy. 

surprised you not mad at hunter tho that fumble was clutch lol 

• Like 1