MNF Week 9: Chargers v Jets

D82

3 hours ago, kramxel said:

And for that to be the one that takes him over 10k career yards...

🤤

Yes, reminds me of Torry Holt's circus grab deep for a TD that put him over 10k. 

I didn't even realize that Allen already ranked ahead of Charlie Joiner, and Lance Alworth as the Chargers all-time leading receiver in yards. 

• Like 1

It's misleading because I don't think Trevor Siemien would magically get the Jets to 290+ yds per game if he took over.   The OL is in shambles, and OC Hackett is a disaster (spoiler alert:  DEN fans knew).   

But man......ooof.  No wonder that Saleh kinda froze when someone asked him about why Siemien hasn't been used yet.

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

It's misleading because I don't think Trevor Siemien would magically get the Jets to 290+ yds per game if he took over.   The OL is in shambles, and OC Hackett is a disaster (spoiler alert:  DEN fans knew).   

But man......ooof.  No wonder that Saleh kinda froze when someone asked him about why Siemien hasn't been used yet.

Jets knew too. They didn't hire Hackett because of his prowess as an OC - they did it to get AR on board. This goes for all the WR signings too. We went all in on Rodgers and it went up in smoke thanks to a freak injury 3 downs into the season.

Also those stats are misleading because they don't account for how much better Zach is at not going full Zach. He had a fumble on MNF, but for the most part has limited his turnovers and has become a very boring, but reliable game manager. If he could only start throwing the ball away instead of running 10 yards back and getting sacked, then he'd be a serviceable backup QB.

7 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

If he could only start throwing the ball away instead of running 10 yards back and getting sacked, then he'd be a serviceable backup QB.

It took him three years to not run back, scramble out of the pocket, and then throw the ball to a defender along the sideline. He’ll nail pocket presence and throwing the ball away in his third contract, lol.

I'm sure others reached this conclusion long ago (if you're not a stud by game 3 of your NFL career you're a bust here at FF), but Monday Night was the final nail in the coffin on Zach Wilson's NFL starting potential for me. 

It's a shame. I was never some huge fan due to the size, but I was a fan of the prospect in general. Had/has tremendous arm talent & natural mobility. Unfortunately, after watching that Chargers game, I finally decided that this kid simply has all-time bad pocket awareness & is generally a very panicked decision maker. These are not easily correctable issues. 

It's hard to believe the Jets staff didn't find some kind of contingency plan in the form of Ryan Tannehill or Jacoby Brissett or someone of that nature to relieve this otherwise strong team of bottom-5 QB play.