Who Has The Worst Defensive Roster?

BetterCallSaul

2 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

What talent are you referring to on that Denver defense outside of Surtain?  Also what are the Saints and a couple others doing on this list?

Denver has some dudes.

Zach Allen, Surtain, Simmons, Jackson (both S are old, but good), Sanders, DJ Jones, Moss, and Browning. That isn’t “worst in the NFL” to me. Their DL is bad at the EDGE position, but that’s really the weak spot. They’re solid—or young & talented—everywhere else. 

We'll agree to disagree there.   Surtain and Allen are good, but the rest are pretty easily replaceable.  That said Arizona's roster is pretty devoid of talent outside of their safeties and edge guys.  Still better than what Denver has.  Vegas is pretty bad too as is the Giants, but both are still better than Denver and Arizona.

I like Arizona’s young talent. They just have no base.

Huge fan of Stills, Pappoe, Kei’Trel, Ojulari, C. Thomas, S. Thomas, and I also like Jalen Thompson & Zaven Collins. They desperately need a #1 cornerback and another interior. They have good bones, but no real beast up front.

I view the “health” of their future defense to be good.

4 hours ago, Soko said:

Saints and Pats don’t even deserve a mention, the disrespect. 

It’s between Arizona, Minnesota, and LV, IMO. All of them have one very good/great player (Crosby, Hunter, Budda) and then a bunch of JAGs. 

Flores really doing yeoman's work there

• Like 1

I would say the Bears. They have no pass rush, both their starting defensive tackles are castoffs from other teams, and their unit as a whole made Jordan Love look like he actually knew what he was doing.

I don't know why the Saints and Patriots were used as examples by the OP. Their problem is offense (especially NE), not defense. The Patriots D may have slipped a little, but a lot of that is losing edge defender Matt Judon to IR.

Edited by Mr.UFO
  • Like 3

Las Vegas or Arizona hands down. 

On Vegas, I can name Crosby.

On Arizona, I can name Budda.

The rest a just a bunch of JAGs. 

In all seriousness though the Raiders have some guys with potential, there's a few guys on each of those teams beyond those singular players I can name, BUT the point I am/was getting at, is they're the two worst teams defensively in terms of overall talent on defense. 

Deablo, Hobbs, Moehrig, & Wilson for the Raiders, at this point, barely move that needle imo 

For Arizona, Collins might be the only other dude with relevance on that defense... okay I convinced myself while typing this out... It's the Arizona Lame Ducks