The 2024 Draft Class Sucks

BetterCallSaul

I think it's fine, it's just not as deep as we've come to expect in the past what with NIL and covid years getting fewer guys who have eligibility remaining to declare for the draft.  What this means is that "the pool of guys you have a draftable grade on" is going to run out in the middle of the fourth round or so, rather than later.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I'm not flinching. This class is not good. It's fine if you need a WR. Or an OT in round 1. There are some nice DT's...aside from that, this is gonna be a historically weak class.

I don't know about "historically weak".  But it does definitely feel pretty soft and light on high end talent at a number of positions.

WR and OT (more so RT), and even C look solid, if not unusually deep to me.  DBs are kind of lacking that absolute blue chip talent at the very top, but looks to have pretty decent depth of potentially solid starters that should run well into Day2.  RB looks like it might be okay on depth, though also lacking the real headliners, and let's be honest...every year tends to be deep at RB.  😆  Everything else looks a little underwhelming to me at the moment.  This Edge class in particular looks kind of bunk, which isn't great for a premium position.

Just came across this thread, but earlier this week I was just thinking this is one of the stronger drafts in recent memory on the offensive side of the ball.

If you need a QB, several intriguing options with a "generational prospect" in Caleb Williams, top tier prospects in in Maye/Daniels, and a number of interesting prospects in Penix, Nix, McCarthy, and Rattler.

There isn't an "elite" RB prospect like a McCaffrey, Barkley, or Bijan, but plenty of very talented options that should great NFL RB's. Really like Corum and Benson along with some other solid prospects at that spot.  

Tons of WR talent with a "generational prospect" in Marvin Harrison Jr. To go along with top tier prospects in Nabers/Odunze, with several other WR's that should be good in the NFL.

TE has an elite prospect in Bowers and another great prospect in Sanders. Bit of a drop after those 2 prospects

Feel like there are a ton of quality OL in this draft as well. I suppose one could argue the defensive side of the ball isn't the best this year, but on offense looks to be a great draft class. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Just came across this thread, but earlier this week I was just thinking this is one of the stronger drafts in recent memory on the offensive side of the ball.

If you need a QB, several intriguing options with a "generational prospect" in Caleb Williams, top tier prospects in in Maye/Daniels, and a number of interesting prospects in Penix, Nix, McCarthy, and Rattler.

There isn't an "elite" RB prospect like a McCaffrey, Barkley, or Bijan, but plenty of very talented options that should great NFL RB's. Really like Corum and Benson along with some other solid prospects at that spot.  

Tons of WR talent with a "generational prospect" in Marvin Harrison Jr. To go along with top tier prospects in Nabers/Odunze, with several other WR's that should be good in the NFL.

TE has an elite prospect in Bowers and another great prospect in Sanders. Bit of a drop after those 2 prospects

Feel like there are a ton of quality OL in this draft as well. I suppose one could argue the defensive side of the ball isn't the best this year, but on offense looks to be a great draft class. 

It definitely feels like an offensive-skewed draft.  Not sure if the depth there is enough to really make it a "strong draft" overall though.  Doesn't really feel like it to me.  But there's still time for some guys to emerge and balance that up through the process.  Often those are guys who end up overdrafted though, because teams are searching everywhere and end up convincing themselves the guy has it, just because they desperately need someone there.

13 hours ago, Tugboat said:

It definitely feels like an offensive-skewed draft.  Not sure if the depth there is enough to really make it a "strong draft" overall though.  Doesn't really feel like it to me.  But there's still time for some guys to emerge and balance that up through the process.  Often those are guys who end up overdrafted though, because teams are searching everywhere and end up convincing themselves the guy has it, just because they desperately need someone there.

It has that feeling because there is no dominate EDGE or CB in this draft.  Some very good Dts but that rarely gets draftniks worked up like it used to.  Also Off Ball LB is terrible.

This draft is a nightmare for defensive coordinators and head coaches with defensive backgrounds. There's less top D-lineman and cornerbacks than normal, and most top 50 boards are almost devoid of second-level linebackers.