The 2024 Draft Class Sucks

BetterCallSaul

Pats fan... this draft is stacked just in the right positions QB,LT WR.

This is the candy store draft !!!! Take your pick.

Dream scenario Harrison fall to Pats and the we trade him to the Cards for 4th and 20th pick. Hopefully they trade down aggain IN THE 1ST  RD with 20.

End up with 4 picks in the top 34 picks.

The Pats need about a 100 draft choices !!!!!!! Here the needed positions, stack with players.

QB  Michael Penix Jr.,J.J. McCarthy,Bo Nix,Jayden Daniels and Quinn Ewers.

OT Olu Fashanu,Joe Alt,Amarius Mims,Taliese Fuaga,Jordan Morgan,Tyler. Patrick Paul and Troy Fautanu.

WR  Loaded here some talent in the 2nd RD. Adonai Mitchell, Troy Franklin, Xavier Legette. Ja'Lynn Polk, Johnny Wilson, and Roman Wilson.

Pats walk out with the players in bold I will be doing cart wheel.

PS one major problem BB still here, he won't take one player listed. He will take a OG from FU academy !!!!

Yes that two OTs and I will take a 3rd later.  FIX THE DAMN OL. Two OT for the next 10+ years!!!!!!!

Edited by m haynes

On 11/14/2023 at 11:24 AM, Packerraymond said:

Elite at:

QB & OT

Above Average:

WR, IOL, RB, S

Average: 

CB, EDGE, TE, DL

Below Average:

ILB

Not really seeing what you are, this is a great draft class to me. The kind that can complete rebuild an OL for a needy team. Most depth at QB I've ever seen (there are going to be 4-6 QBs that go day 2 that actually deserve to go day 2), very nice class for WR, RB will be above average if Brooks still declares and takes a redshirt year, really only group I'm not fond of is the ILBs. 

You think it’s an above average class at RB? I think this is at best, an average group.

WR is nice at the top, but theres no depth. Last years WR class was bleh too, but I’m not so sure this one is any different minus the superstar at the top. 

6 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I wouldn't say it's a super top-heavy class, but it's got some solid depth to the class.

QB - Obviously, Caleb Williams is the highlight of the entire draft class.  Without him, this class looks miserable.  Depending on where you value Drake Maye, this QB class looks a LOT better if you believe in him.  Even if he's only a 2nd tier starter (i.e. Kirk Cousins, Geno Smith, Derek Carr, etc.), that's a strong QB2.  Depth probably took a hit with Ewers returning to Texas and Sanders likely returning to Colorado.  That second tier (Daniels, Nix, Penix, etc.) probably have more intrigue than most years.  Not sure I'm seeing a ton down the draft board with draft able grades.

RB - Bleh.  RB class took a massive hit when Brooks tore his ACL.  Henderson is probably the best by default, and he comes with injury concerns.  Probably a class you look to bargain shop, and hope you find lightning in a bottle.

WR - Woof.  Grab your WR early, because they're going to fly off the board.  I don't think it's nearly as top heavy as the 2021, but it feels deep like the 2022 class.  Even ignoring MHJ, you've got 4 guys who are probably locks for the first round and you'll have 2-3 more elevated into the 1st round because of need.  I'd imagine you'll start seeing them start going off the board in that 8-12 range, unless the EDGE start pushing them down the board.

TE - Solid class.  Bowers is obviously a stud, and Sanders would be TE1 in any other class.  And enough intrigue behind those 2.

OT - Really, really good class.  Fashanu is a stud, and Alt would be OT1 in any other class.  And some real good depth with Latham, Fuanga, Suamatia, etc.

IOL - Kind of a meh class.  Seems like some solid players into Day 2 and Day 3, but I don't see an IOL I'd consider taking on Day 1 outside of maybe an OT convert.  Feel like some teams are going to get solid starters in that range.

IDL - Bland.  This looks like like a poor IDL class outside of Newton.  You probably get some run out of Leonard Taylor from Miami (FL), but overall this class lacks depth at the top and I'm not sure it makes up for it when they start going off the boar earlier than anticipated.

EDGE - Don't think it's got a superstar pass rusher at the top of the draft, but it's got 3 or 4 guys who have legitimate argument for EDGE1.  Jared Verse, Chop Robinson, Dallas Turner, and Laitau Latu are all going to be in that mix.  Think there's some solid depth into that second tier.

ILB - Woof.  This one isn't looking good.  A few interesting guys, but the lack of top ILBs in this class is going to push players up the board.

CB - Probably depends on your opinion of Kalen King and Kool-Aid McKinstry.  Personally, I don't have either as an elite prospect but probably in that 2nd tier.  Doesn't seem very deep either.

S - Solid class.  Don't think it's heavy at the top or anything, but seems like an overall solid class.

We see this group very similarly. 

2 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

You think it’s an above average class at RB? I think this is at best, an average group.

WR is nice at the top, but theres no depth. Last years WR class was bleh too, but I’m not so sure this one is any different minus the superstar at the top. 

It will all depend on who declares for RB and WR, right now I'm just evaluating it as they all declare.

At RB, Brooks injury sucks, but it's November, he didn't tear it in the January bowl game or at Pro Day, he's going to play next year (either in college or pro). Still think he can go 3rd round if he declares. I could end up with day 2 grades for Henderson, Brooks, Corum, Irving, Benson, Allen, Jordan, Lloyd, Edwards and Estime. Raheim Sanders declares and I could get there based on 2022 tape. Some nice day 3 power options in Miyan Williams, Ray Davis, Tahj Brooks. I'd be real happy taking a shot on Devin Neal, Jace McClellan or Jaylen Wright day 3 as well. There's no Bijan, Saquan, JT, etc... to this class, but it's got more depth than usual. You can get Irving on day 2 and come back and grab Miyan Williams in the 5th and have a nice combo there.

WR I just don't see anything close to meh, I'm closer to elite. I'll have better grades on MHJ, Nabers, Coleman, Odunze for sure than JSN, and I could see myself getting there on Legette, Franklin and Worthy too. Mitchell, Egbuka and Brian Thomas would take this class to elite if they declare. Corley, Polk, McConkey, Wilson all day 2 options I like. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

IWR I just don't see anything close to meh, I'm closer to elite. I'll have better grades on MHJ, Nabers, Coleman, Odunze for sure than JSN, and I could see myself getting there on Legette, Franklin and Worthy too. Mitchell, Egbuka and Brian Thomas would take this class to elite if they declare. Corley, Polk, McConkey, Wilson all day 2 options I like. 

Yeah this feels like an elite WR class to me as well. I think people are sleeping on Odunze and Nabers who are both top 10 talent IMO, along with MHJ who is close to perfect as a prospect. I'm a bit lower on Coleman and Worthy (but still like them) compared to Legette and Franklin but man I love Adonai Mitchell and Polk as well. There's talent throughout the draft at WR, same as with QB and OT. Not the best RB group and IOL either but TE/CB/S/EDGE are all average to above average (so far from what I've seen) and DT/LB so far looking below average but all in all it looks like a fairly balanced draft that is strong/average with the premium positions (QB/WR/OT/DE/CB)

12 hours ago, MagicMT said:

Yeah this feels like an elite WR class to me as well. I think people are sleeping on Odunze and Nabers who are both top 10 talent IMO, along with MHJ who is close to perfect as a prospect. I'm a bit lower on Coleman and Worthy (but still like them) compared to Legette and Franklin but man I love Adonai Mitchell and Polk as well. There's talent throughout the draft at WR, same as with QB and OT. Not the best RB group and IOL either but TE/CB/S/EDGE are all average to above average (so far from what I've seen) and DT/LB so far looking below average but all in all it looks like a fairly balanced draft that is strong/average with the premium positions (QB/WR/OT/DE/CB)

I'm really excited about the possibility of the Chiefs adding a quality WR in this draft either in round 1 (preferrably) or 2.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2023 at 12:45 PM, nicfre2011 said:

I'm really excited about the possibility of the Chiefs adding a quality WR in this draft either in round 1 (preferrably) or 2.

We also need LT and possibly CB/DT. Hopefully they don’t think somebody good will be there later at WR so they can take care of other needs

• 1 month later...
On 11/17/2023 at 1:07 PM, SteelKing728 said:

The 2022 class stunk. This one looks promising. 

This.

And people complain EVERY YEAR about 2nd round quarterbacks being pushed into the first round.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Techbert said:

This.

And people complain EVERY YEAR about 2nd round quarterbacks being pushed into the first round.

And has it actually happened recently? Last year Levis went where he should have, and the Sam Howell year, guys like him and Corral were hyped like crazy predraft and then plummeted.. I guess Pickett but that was a wonky scenario with a GM wanting to pick a QB from Pitt as one of his last moves before retiring 

Edited by adamq

It definitely sucks defensively. Zero elite prospects on that side of the ball. Literally the worst LB class…ever? There is some depth at DT, none at DE, and the DB talent will be bone dry after R3.

The IOL class is bleh, as is RB…which is rare. There are some good ones in there (starting level), but I don’t see any superstars & the depth is abysmal.

I stand by my initial post, but will concede that the DT and WR class depth has grown on me. Unfortunately the QB class has dwindled as a lot of the intriguing guys went back to school. 

8 hours ago, adamq said:

And has it actually happened recently? Last year Levis went where he should have, and the Sam Howell year, guys like him and Corral were hyped like crazy predraft and then plummeted.. I guess Pickett but that was a wonky scenario with a GM wanting to pick a QB from Pitt as one of his last moves before retiring 

Well, people DO complain about it every year pre-draft. Media hypes quarterbacks for clicks. Draftniks sniff that sure he's a cinch first-founder but he's a FIFTH rounder on MY board. That sort of thing.

As far as reality, I have Pickett, your choice(s) from Wilson/Lance/Jones, Love, another Jones/Haskins, Darnold/Rosen, pick from Trubs/Mahomes/Watson. I know some of those hit big, some developed naturally, some flashed, and some busted, but all were accused of being lower round prospects pushed into the first round. I think most deserved first round, because of the value of the position you take more swings. So that is every year.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...