The 2024 Draft Class Sucks

BetterCallSaul

What in the world are you talking about?  It only has one of the best receivers to come into the NFL in what 10 years?  Only WR I would take over Harrison would be back when Calvin Johnson was picked in 2007.  Same with TE potentially, only TE I would take over Bowers arguably would have been back in 2006 with Vernon Davis.  And it is the deepest QB class arguably in the history of the NFL top to bottom with quality depth and super star talent at the top. 

They edge guys are elite with Turner and Verse then you have guys like Latu, Ellis and Tuimoloau really coming on.  CB is some what disappointing outside of DeJean but it at least has some ok mid round guys maybe.  DT is pretty disappointing outside of Newton, ILB has two possible stars in Trotter and Lawson and tons of depth behind that.  The OT depth is very promising as well.

Just seems odd to call a draft class crap with so many proven and productive QBs.  Also with all the COVID years, just like last season it will be a deeper class than most because of all the guys playing with a 5th or 6th year.  

16 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

It’s awesome at the top for QB/WR, but it’s a crazy weak class outside of the top guys. It’s an intriguing safety class, but not a real “great” one. 

Anyone else feel like this class is bleh?

I think the class is hurt by few non-premium positions (i.e. runningback, guard, safety) at the top of the class. Typically, those are "safe" positions that bolster the availability of top talent throughout the first round. There are also no top-tier defensive ends, which is not typical. That said, I still think it's a great class so far. Quarterback is genuinely great at the top end and 3-4 guys deep after that with viable long-term starters. I haven't dug deep into the tackles yet, but I think it could be similarly deep. The guy from Duke looks really good to me.

It's an insane WR class, a very good QB class, and a good tackle class.  Some good LBs, CB seems pretty weak, Safety I don't know.  Potentially generational TE, a few other guys.  Edge class is pretty average.

Don't see how that's a weak class by any stretch.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I like it if you need a RT 🙂

I think the OT class if fairly deep as others have pointed out.

It definitely is.  The dropoff from Alt/Fashanu to the next guy up (of those I've watched) is big, but there are a lot of quality tackle prospects.  As a fan of a team that's gonna need WRs and OLs, I like the class a lot.  Be nice if there were some corners, but whatcha gonna do?

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

It definitely is.  The dropoff from Alt/Fashanu to the next guy up (of those I've watched) is big, but there are a lot of quality tackle prospects.  As a fan of a team that's gonna need WRs and OLs, I like the class a lot.  Be nice if there were some corners, but whatcha gonna do?

Last year the class to get a CB.  I would guess we are back to normal now.