2023 Week 11 GDT 6-3 Steelers Visit 6-3 Browns

Steeler Hitman

6 minutes ago, August4th said:

these quotes from tomlin at this press conference. YIKES

Yea. Genuinely unhappy with this.  If there was ever a game to be pissy in the press conference this was it because it was VERY winnable.

Then again, I expected this team to be bad at the start of the year so I don’t care as much about losing.

But in the end we’re a bad team where the winning only hurt us more than it helped.  I hope we go on an epic losing streak to close out the season because we need the higher pick.  If hearing that gets your knickers in a twist then giving up on the season is likely right for you. Personally I think it’s been so long since we’ve been genuinely bad at something (late 90’s) that some fans have forgot that being bad looks bad.

The team is fortunate to be 6-4. I hear a lot about poor play calling, coaching, drafting, etc.  Players have to be on the same page and MAKE PLAYS. 

This team is inconsistent. I keep waiting for them to grow up, but they are one step forward two back or two forwad and one back. 

Kenny is not performing and maybe this loss helps him get his game together. There were no last minute heroics today and the Browns stole a game the way the Steelers did earlier againt them. 

I don't get the Najee hate from Steelers fans. He is a decent back, but he is heavily keyed upon and it is not like the guy isn't running hard. That was a top defense and their goal was to slow him down.  The second back played like a stud today. You need two good backs and they are a good combination. The team needs both guys. They compliment one another and their styles help keep opposing defenses off guard.

Dionte Johnson had a horrible game in my opinion. He was not on the same page as Pickett and for being a missing piece to the offense he was a non factor today. In fact, I would say he hindered the offense.

The dump offs and screen game needs to be trashed. Everyone has seen this and knows it. The team played not to lose and today they didnt score enough. The defense while not great, played well enough to win. The offense gets the ball with two minutes and they give it back after 14 seconds. That's really poor execution. 

The pass protection has been an issue and today the Browns sucessfully played to Picketts' weaknesses. It has been 11 games. When does the offense come to life and play a complete game? I get how good the Browns defense is, but you played them earlier and knew what they were going to do. Zero poinjts in the first half doomed you.  The defense gave up 3 second half points.  You hold a team to 13 points with a back-up QB, you should win.  

make all the excuses you want, tomlin wasted this game. Warren should have been handed the ball on the last 2 drives every down  unless 3rd and long. 

I think we need 35 yards to get into FG range. We also had a 57 range FG but they opted to punt (earlier) 

no excuses, refs  aren't to blame that much. tomlin gets the nod for the blame here

4th game in a row where Kenny said they practiced one look (man-to-man) and got another (zone).

Look I get Kenny and all of his issues but tell me how this is Kenny’s problem.  Canada literally does not prepare for all possibilities.  It’s the ******* NFL man.  Teams are smart.  They’re playing 4-D chess and Canada is playing Solitaire with “winning deals only” turned on and acting like the issue is that he’s using a Mac instead of a PC.  Like….I just can’t even worry about Kenny’s issues when this has been going on for multiple games, even years!  That’s not a defense of Kenny.  It’s like complaining that your car won’t run because the engine has issues but you don’t have the keys in the first place.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, August4th said:

There was the ball game.  He game managed a lot, but didn't make enough plays. The OC didn't help this week, and the team kinda lulled and hung around before they let one get stolen from them. No sympathy because they have been relying on that to win for far too long. How many passes accross the middle? How many throws to the TE? How many passes at or behind the LOS instead of downfield?  It is the same thing each week. 

Big key was the defense has not had the strong pass rush resulting in sacks and overall te Browns only gave the ball away once. You draft a QB in round one to win you games. You want to see more from Pickett and the supporting cast. The TE's should be Kenny's best friends not the LOS or behind the LOS dumps to the RB's. 

1 minute ago, DR43 said:

Should we go with Mitch Trubisky the rest of the way?

mitch shouldn't be on the roster.  He doesn't fit the "win the TO battle"  team this is. He is the opposite .

so Mason perhaps, but being QB3 that can't happen unless injuries forces the issue. 

Khan got conned by colbert with the  mitch contract extension to be. 

khan didn't draft kenny and Andy was in philly when they took Hurts with wentz on the roster. I would not be shocked if the same thing happens here...if anything it should be a easier move if they see a guy they like during the scouting process

Edited by August4th
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Steeler Hitman said:

The team is fortunate to be 6-4. I hear a lot about poor play calling, coaching, drafting, etc.  Players have to be on the same page and MAKE PLAYS. 

This team is inconsistent. I keep waiting for them to grow up, but they are one step forward two back or two forwad and one back. 

Eh…those other things are a huge part of the reason players aren’t making plays though.

Kenny is not performing and maybe this loss helps him get his game together. There were no last minute heroics today and the Browns stole a game the way the Steelers did earlier againt them. 

Nothin is going to help him get his game together at this point.  And putting Mitch in isn’t fixing the issue.

I don't get the Najee hate from Steelers fans. He is a decent back, but he is heavily keyed upon and it is not like the guy isn't running hard. That was a top defense and their goal was to slow him down.  The second back played like a stud today. You need two good backs and they are a good combination. The team needs both guys. They compliment one another and their styles help keep opposing defenses off guard.

Yup.  I’m with you here.  We just don’t call blocking schemes that help Najee. There seems to be an ignorance to this part of it.

Dionte Johnson had a horrible game in my opinion. He was not on the same page as Pickett and for being a missing piece to the offense he was a non factor today. In fact, I would say he hindered the offense.

I said it when he came back that we look to be featuring DJ and making things easy for him.  This is why we did that.  Whenever he’s had the option routes he’s been terrible.  As good as DJ’s route running is his in game IQ is just awful.

The dump offs and screen game needs to be trashed. Everyone has seen this and knows it. The team played not to lose and today they didnt score enough. The defense while not great, played well enough to win. The offense gets the ball with two minutes and they give it back after 14 seconds. That's really poor execution. 

The pass protection has been an issue and today the Browns sucessfully played to Picketts' weaknesses. It has been 11 games. When does the offense come to life and play a complete game? I get how good the Browns defense is, but you played them earlier and knew what they were going to do. Zero poinjts in the first half doomed you.  The defense gave up 3 second half points.  You hold a team to 13 points with a back-up QB, you should win.  

Agreed on all of this.  There’s no chip game, TE’s in, or actual help built into Canada’s offense. There also looks to be a lack hot reads, kills, and check withs.  I just go back to Jace Sternberger’s quote.  The play is on paper and you are told to run it, Canada doesn’t teach you the play.

• Like 1