2023 Week 11 GDT 6-3 Steelers Visit 6-3 Browns

Steeler Hitman

39 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Both that he’s got better coaching and no one could function in this offense. 

No. Back to my original point which has nothing to do with Kenny. Tommy didn’t look good through 3.5 quarters of that Cowboys game. Got his TDs in garbage time. And then today he played a terrible Commanders team that’s IIRC the worst passing defense in the league. It’s just context of where his stats come from.

So wait a minute…the QB the Steelers faced can’t be helped and they should beat them because those QBs suck but  When Kenny gets trounced stats wise by a UDFA in 1/3 as many games the talent level/coaching around them matters?

We're watching complete ineptitude on offence.
It's irresponsible of Tomlin to defend.

Kenny will be ruined by Canada's (and Tomlin's) inability to devise a scheme that works.

Cleveland moved to exactly where the play was being run on numerous occasions,
and that's on play design and poor play disguise.

I'm not defending Kenny's terrible throws and inability to adjust, but when you watch this offence,
it's clearly broken in the foundations and concepts. They aren't making it easier for this kid.
And there's just too much confusion in the passing game. 

I think it comes down to a bullheaded, dogmatic belief in playing a certain way vs designing 
a contemporary scheme fit for today's game and I think it's genuine arrogance to believe that
you can just 'Steeler' you way through obvious coaching deficiencies.

It's more worrying to see the obvious being unaddressed. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, AFF said:

So wait a minute…the QB the Steelers faced can’t be helped and they should beat them because those QBs suck but  When Kenny gets trounced stats wise by a UDFA in 1/3 as many games the talent level/coaching around them matters?

3 different conversations that you are trying to make into one. 

1) You can’t help who you play, you can only beat who you face, and beating backup QBs is what you should do. Bad teams constantly lose to them. 

2) DeVito - good for him. He had a nice game against a bad team. Has nothing to do with the conversation.

3) Our offensive coaching is trash regardless of the coaching. 

3 different conversations on 3 different topics.