Deron Payne got his Money- and has retired in place !

RSkinGM

16 hours ago, e16bball said:

Both he and Allen are once again essentially leading the league in snaps among DL.

It’s borderline criminal for them to consistently run these guys into the ground the way they do. As much as I hate to say it, you kinda get why they take some plays off — their workload is excessive, and it has been for years. 

Thanks Jack Del Rio. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if some of the guys are just protecting their bodies this year knowing it’s a lost season.

Wel then. they are thieves. Stealing their pay from their employer . Stealing loyalty from us stupid fans . 

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Wel then. they are thieves. Stealing their pay from their employer . Stealing loyalty from us stupid fans . 

Again, I challenge you to show me a play that Daron Payne is stealing money. Stealing loyalty. I'm sorry but I have literally seen a dude try week in and week out on a terrible defense. He is one of the only dudes, IMO, that does care. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Again, I challenge you to show me a play that Daron Payne is stealing money. Stealing loyalty. I'm sorry but I have literally seen a dude try week in and week out on a terrible defense. He is one of the only dudes, IMO, that does care. 

I didn't say that . MNight was implying they take off in a lost season . I implied ...IF ....that's true - it's thievery

2 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I didn't say that . MNight was implying they take off in a lost season . I implied ...IF ....that's true - it's thievery

Bro you posted a slanderous thread about Deron Payne. You are absolutely saying all of the above. 

On 11/15/2023 at 12:39 PM, RSkinGM said:

Allen has slid too but not in Payne's category .

On 11/15/2023 at 1:13 PM, RSkinGM said:

It's funny-not haha- but you just knew that for a $100 bucks a game or $500,000  a game- You'd get the same effort from Scary Terry.  None of us know these players personally but we study them so much you get a feeling(s). I trusted Terry Mac. I never trusted D Payne . Just didn't feel it .

Watch as many videos as you can out there. DARON Payne may not be winning his battles, but he sure as **** ain't stealing a paycheck. There is a big difference between not winning and not trying. I think you are very off point with your assessment.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Bro you posted a slanderous thread about Deron Payne. You are absolutely saying all of the above. 

Watch as many videos as you can out there. DARON Payne may not be winning his battles, but he sure as **** ain't stealing a paycheck. There is a big difference between not winning and not trying. I think you are very off point with your assessment.

It's possible, but his numbers have surely taken a serious hit .

On 11/15/2023 at 7:08 PM, e16bball said:

Both he and Allen are once again essentially leading the league in snaps among DL.

It’s borderline criminal for them to consistently run these guys into the ground the way they do. As much as I hate to say it, you kinda get why they take some plays off — their workload is excessive, and it has been for years. 

So there's this guy named Ioannidis who’s a FA… maybe bring him in to split some snaps, but they could obviously play Mathis & Ridgeway more as well as Obada & JSW as DT’s on obvious passing situations. 🤷🏼‍♂️

On 11/16/2023 at 3:17 PM, RSkinGM said:

Huh? Their employer paid them, they're not stealing $. If their employer doesn't like their play, they can trade or cut them, and that's ok too. They earned their contracts. Also, I will say & have always said that stats don't show the full picture for how a defensive lineman is playing, especially a DT.

Allen & Payne are playing above average & they're both playing hurt (Allen plantar fasciitis & Payne a sprained foot) plus as @e16bball said both amongst leave leaders in DL snaps which makes zero sense for 300 & 310 LB guys. 

Mathis & Ridgeway need to be given more snaps to keep Allen & Payne more fresh for the 4th Q.

On 11/16/2023 at 4:48 PM, RSkinGM said:

It's possible, but his numbers have surely taken a serious hit .

That’s the problem, you only pay attention to stats. Well, it's very rare for a DT to get double digit sacks as Payne did last year. Allen is doubled a lot, and now that Chase & Tez are gone Allen & Payne are both doubled a lot.

In the games, on the film, they both show up. They're getting pressures, they're around in the run game but often times our linebackers behind them aren't filling the gaps to make the tackles as well as they should be.