Week 12: San Francisco 49ers at Seattle Seahawks

J-ALL-DAY

So Bosa had only 3 sacks in the first 8 games and has 5 sacks in the last three games. I don't think he is playing all that much better but the hits/pressures that he was getting and missing on sacks he is converting now. This is why QB hits/pressures is at times a better indicator on the type of season a player has having than just the sack numbers. Bosa was getting far too many QB hits to not eventually convert on those opportunities. I fully expect to see him near the 15 sack number that he has gotten the last two seasons. Not sure why Chase didn't get more snaps today but he's going to be needed in a big way next week against the Eagles.

Ward now has 12 PDs to go along with two INTs. The man allowed one bad TD to Addison where he should have gotten the INT but he's been very good this season. He probably does not make the pro bowl but he's definitely having a pro bowl caliber season.

Thomas has been money since taking over the bye week and now our corners are allowed to play closer at the LOS and that's made a huge difference. Big test for the youngster next week against the Eagles. I hope Wilks has Ward travel to cover Brown like he did today vs Metcalf.

Our passing game was not impressive today and I'm very curious to see how it looks the next time we play Seattle. I feel like there are opportunities to take down the field and you can't give them too much respect. Aiyuk is going to win against damn near anyone who is covering him so don't just go away because the Seahawks corners are good. Furthermore, Woolen did not even play much after the first quarter. Adjustments are going to need to be made and Purdy will need to be better....which I expect him to fully be.

Banks being back made a big difference in the run game and that's where we will need to be dominant next week against the Eagles. This was obviously going to be a Deebo game but next week is going to need to be an Aiyuk game where he makes plays down the field. 

The defense allowed only six points today but really it was only three. In total the last three games, they have allowed a combined 23 points. That's a dominant unit that is starting to peak. Oh yeah, the defense has had 15 sacks during that stretch and this is starting to remind me of 2021 season all over again on that side of the ball. 

On to Philly and I cannot wait!!!!

• Like 5

Odum out for the season with torn biceps. Our best STs player on a fairly shaky unit out...not good. 

Mitchell is starting to run the ball much better and is breaking more tables. Hopefully he can continue this the rest of the way so CMC can get more breathers before the playoffs.

Over/under 22.5 TDs for CMC? He's at 16 with 6 games to go.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Odum out for the season with torn biceps. Our best STs player on a fairly shaky unit out...not good. 

Mitchell is starting to run the ball much better and is breaking more tables. Hopefully he can continue this the rest of the way so CMC can get more breathers before the playoffs.

Sheesh that S depth is getting tested. 

What's Jaquiski Tartt upto these days? lol 

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

Rooting for the Bills over the Eagles this weekend. Lets go Buffalo! 

They have been so inconsistent that you can't trust them and their defense isn't good with all the injuries.....But, if we get a great Allen game, then he is good enough to make it interesting. If the Bills can win, then we can play for the #1 seed next week so go Bills!!!!

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Just have to start kicking out of the endzone. Not worried about the punt coverage. 

Safety depth is an issue though

2 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

It really looked like Shanny mouthed "what a ****in thrown" after the Ayuik TD. Can't remember him ever beimg that impressed about a throw from one of his QBs.

Oh, listening to the post-game press conference, he was definitely impressed and did not think that pass was ever going to Aiyuk with the way the Seahawks were playing it. But glad Purdy gave Aiyuk a chance because there is no way that man should ever end any game with only one catch. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Just have to start kicking out of the endzone. Not worried about the punt coverage. 

Safety depth is an issue though

The thing is we never do and I just don't get it. But that is one way we can counter Odum being gone for the season. 

We have allowed less than 300 yards in three consecutive games and that seemed impossible after the Vikings and Bengals games LOL. 

I expect this defense to start creeping back to the top 5 DVOA. Top 3 already in PPG allowed and yards allowed.