Week 13: San Francisco 49ers at Philadelphia Eagles

J-ALL-DAY

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, if you completely discount the possibility of the 49ers and Dallas beating the eagles? 

We definitely could.

Dallas absolutely not. 

Stranger things have happened but I don't trust Dallas to do us or themselves any favors by actually beating a top tier team.

2 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

We definitely could.

Dallas absolutely not. 

Stranger things have happened but I don't trust Dallas to do us or themselves any favors by actually beating a top tier team.

Since 2020, the Cowboys are 4-3 against the eagles. 

Since 2021, the Cowboys are 3-2 against them. 

Last year they were 1-1. 

Their game this year was about as close as can be. I'm not sure how you just discount the possibility of them winning in a division matchup at home. 

I'm all for ignoring the #1 seed previously because i think it takes up too much attention and just go out and win the games. But now they are driving through the 1 seed so it's actually a focal point. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Last year they were 1-1. 

Their game this year was about as close as can be. I'm not sure how you just discount the possibility of them winning in a division matchup at home. 

I'm all for ignoring the #1 seed previously because i think it takes up too much attention and just go out and win the games. But now they are driving through the 1 seed so it's actually a focal point. 

I think he’s just basing it off the fact that they only recently beat a winning football team and still struggled against them - Seahawks. 

27 minutes ago, Nobellythrower said:

A win is a win ask the eagles 

You think they’ll respond? Lol 

I understand a win is a win, only discussing what is being witnessed from either team and Dallas has been having a harder time against “Winning (record)” teams. 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Last year they were 1-1. 

*Hurts did not play in the win last year 

48 minutes ago, StevenK said:

You think they’ll respond? Lol 

I understand a win is a win, only discussing what is being witnessed from either team and Dallas has been having a harder time against “Winning (record)” teams. 

And yet they have been just fine against the eagles. I don't care about them struggling against the niners or whomever else. I care about what they can do against the eagles. They are playing the eagles tough the last few years, regardless of what they are doing against other teams. So yeah, I'm not going to just assume the eagles beat them next week if the niners beat the eagles this week. 

It's certainly not a lock that Dallas will win, but they'll have extra rest over the eagles with the eagles traveling, coming off games against Buffalo and the 49ers. I don't think it's that much worse than a coinflip one way or the other based on their history.

All that to say the niners will probably do what the niners do and drop a game they shouldn't against someone like Arizona in the last few games of the season lol. 

But still...

playing well and losing? That doesn't make me feel better because I already don't like the matchup. The niners playing well and losing just tells me that the Eagles still play better than San Francisco lol . Doesn't make me feel better about seeing them in the playoffs.  But maybe I'm in the minority there

4 hours ago, Forge said:

All that to say the niners will probably do what the niners do and drop a game they shouldn't against someone like Arizona in the last few games of the season lol. 

But still...

playing well and losing? That doesn't make me feel better because I already don't like the matchup. The niners playing well and losing just tells me that the Eagles still play better than San Francisco lol . Doesn't make me feel better about seeing them in the playoffs.  But maybe I'm in the minority there

All I  know is, you have us losing to everyone. But yet we keep winning. You had the steelers whooping our *** before the season began. And a bunch of other teams, Yet we keep winning. We are gonna blow the Eagles out. Pick a score and stop playing it safe dude. Its really annoying. Youre either with us, or against us. 31-17 we win. Pick a score.

2 hours ago, mrscottso said:

All I  know is, you have us losing to everyone. But yet we keep winning. You had the steelers whooping our *** before the season began. And a bunch of other teams, Yet we keep winning. We are gonna blow the Eagles out. Pick a score and stop playing it safe dude. Its really annoying. Youre either with us, or against us. 31-17 we win. Pick a score.

"A bunch of other teams" lol

I'm pretty sure I picked us to lose 4 this year, which includes this one. We've lost 3 and have yet to play this one.

Also, my very first post in this thread has a score prediction..

"You're either with us or against us"  😂

26 minutes ago, mrscottso said:

I mean we also had a lot of people picking us to beat the Browns and Vikings and we lost both those games. I picked us to lose to the Steelers as well. 

You don't have to pick the Niners to win every game lol. 

• Like 2

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

That is true and something I forgot. So you can throw 2022 out the window. 

Or we can just say that Dallas has played Philly tough the last couple of years and there's no reason to think that they have, 'absolutely no chance" to beat the eagles