Week 13: Miami Dolphins (8-3) @ Washington Commanders (4-8)

TheKillerNacho

Who wins?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Miami Dolphins
    • Washington Commanders
    • Tie
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or fewer point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or greater point difference
  3. 3. Who will score the most fantasy points in this game?

• Tua Tagovailoa
    • Sam Howell
    • Raheem Mostert
    • De'Von Achane
    • Jeff Wilson Jr.
    • Brian Robinson Jr.
    • Antonio Gibson
    • Tyreek Hill
    • Jaylen Waddle
    • Braxton Berrios
    • Terry McLaurin
    • Jahan Dotson
    • Curtis Samuel
    • Durham Smythe
    • Logan Thomas
    • Jason Sanders
    • Joey Slye
    • Dolphins DST
    • Commanders DST
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/03/2023 at 06:13 PM

3 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Would be nice but he's going to want starter money (understandably), and we're too deep at the position to pay him that

Happy for him though

I believe cutting Ogbah post June 01 saves approx $15Mil and costs a dead cap hit of only $2Mil, so while Ogbah is certainly a cut candidate due to cap it's hard to say we will spend the money saved on Van Gink, but I sure would like to see him stay a Dolphin for 3 more years.

With Chubb paid and Seiler extended it certainly looks like Wilkins is a goner but as good as Wilkins has been he has never had the type of production Van Gink is having this season.  Also, Raekwon Davis is likely a goner too.

I guess what I'm saying is: Bringing back Whiteboy Summer is never easy to do, but it should never be totally out of the conversation LMAO!!!!

Edited by Swampbilly

1 hour ago, Swampbilly said:

I believe cutting Ogbah post June 01 saves approx $15Mil and costs a dead cap hit of only $2Mil, so while Ogbah is certainly a cut candidate due to cap it's hard to say we will spend the money saved on Van Gink, but I sure would like to see him stay a Dolphin for 3 more years.

With Chubb paid and Seiler extended it certainly looks like Wilkins is a goner but as good as Wilkins has been he has never had the type of production Van Gink is having this season.  Also, Raekwon Davis is likely a goner too.

I guess what I'm saying is: Bringing back Whiteboy Summer is never easy to do, but it should never be totally out of the conversation LMAO!!!!

Ogbah is an obvious cut, yeah.

Wilkins is a far bigger priority than Van Ginkel. The push he generates is invaluable. I agree with Davis being gone - but nothing of value is really lost there.

On 12/3/2023 at 7:00 PM, TheKillerNacho said:

Ogbah is an obvious cut, yeah.

Wilkins is a far bigger priority than Van Ginkel. The push he generates is invaluable. I agree with Davis being gone - but nothing of value is really lost there.

Wilkins is a bigger priority, but Van Ginkel would be a much better value.  Consider, Van Gink has outplayed Chubb the $110 Million Dollar Man.  Pff ratings before the Washington game rate Chubb as the 13th best Edge Defender in the league with an 84.4 overall rating and Van Gink as the 9th with a 90.1 overall.  Van Gink looks amazing in coverage.  His coverage rating is an impressive 86.2 on a whopping 118 coverage snaps.  Those numbers combined makes him easily the best coverage Edge Defender in the league this season.

Overall, I would argue it's easier to find a DLineman that can push the pocket than it is to find a player at any position that can demonstrate game changing production.  Only question I have with Van Gink is about his ability to maintain this type of production...... 

Edit for PFF update; After the Commanders game these are the 5 edge defenders rated higher than Van Ginkel:  Nick Bosa, Micah Parsons, Myles Garrett, Max Crosby, TJ Watt......  Van Ginkel is in elite air right now.

Edited by Swampbilly

On 11/29/2023 at 8:29 AM, hrubes20 said:

Fins 24, Commanders 17

I want to put the score higher, but this offense hasn't performed all that well on the road yet.  Here's hoping that changes.

Just like I said.  The offense doesn't perform at all on the road.  Wait, what?  

Man I love it when we get this version of the offense.  Truly unstoppable.  

• Like 1

On 12/4/2023 at 8:25 AM, Swampbilly said:

Overall, I would argue it's easier to find a DLineman that can push the pocket than it is to find a player at any position that can demonstrate game changing production.  Only question I have with Van Gink is about his ability to maintain this type of production......

Honestly I kind of disagree with this, especially under Fangio's scheme. I think our DL (Wilkins and Sieler in particular) are a large reason why our undersized LBs (AVG, Jerome Baker, and David Long) have been able to find success this year. Obviously his play has been stellar, but our front three are essential for letting him get into position to make plays. Moreover, while depth is always nice, Jaelan Phillips and Bradley Chubb are already pretty entrenched as the starters of that position while we don't currently have any linemen worth a damn behind Wilkins (obviously this could change after a whole offseason, but still).

I'd be able to live with losing AVG in the offseason but if we lose Wilkins, I'll be concerned.

20 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Honestly I kind of disagree with this, especially under Fangio's scheme. I think our DL (Wilkins and Sieler in particular) are a large reason why our undersized LBs (AVG, Jerome Baker, and David Long) have been able to find success this year. Obviously his play has been stellar, but our front three are essential for letting him get into position to make plays. Moreover, while depth is always nice, Jaelan Phillips and Bradley Chubb are already pretty entrenched as the starters of that position while we don't currently have any linemen worth a damn behind Wilkins (obviously this could change after a whole offseason, but still).

I'd be able to live with losing AVG in the offseason but if we lose Wilkins, I'll be concerned.

I agree that the DLine play can free up LB's to make plays ( I coached DLine, LB's, and OLine as a HS assistant coach in South FL ) but our ILB's haven't been especially good this season.  I understand PFF isn't a be all to end all but it is a useful tool and our ILB overall ratings are 70.5 (35th) for Long Jr and 63.9 for Baker (52nd), so mildly successful overall IMO.  Regardless of who our front 3 are they will always be essential to keeping OLinemen from climbing to the second level.  

I would love for us to keep Wilkins and AVG both but looking at our 2024 cap and considering what it will cost to keep Tua and Jaylen Waddle (2024 is his last year on a rookie deal), I'm not expecting us to keep AVG or Wilkins.  Wilkins is reportedly seeking to break the bank and while he's been a fantastic player the last few years I wouldn't give him the over $20mil per year he wants.  Consider, Chris Jones only makes $19 mil a year and he's top 3 DT in the league year after year, and he's also looking to be a Free Agent in 2024.  

Edited by Swampbilly
  • Like 1