Seeking thoughts on ILB Robinson

rlon

I was excited about Mark Robinson, built for leverage, thought he was set to be a missile. Now, as he is a young veteran, it seems like they are signing guys off the street and putting them ahead of him. What gives? Some of us thought he was a potential ILB version of James Harrison, maybe he’s similarly not coachable this early in his career. It must be relatively bad if he can’t get on the field more with all of these injuries. Anyone have any added knowledge or info on this? Is it as simple as the pass coverage and getting washed out in his pursuits???

Edited by rlon
Typo again

seen him miss a few and take some bad lanes. Not sure if he loses track of whats going on, but  thats a concern. Other times he looks legit and has potential.  Problem is, this team needs consistency  and he lacked this in his time playing.  He could turn out good, but right now I think the team is looking for more consistent vets they can rely on.  I expect Robinson to get another chance - unless others really show well. Thats the  NFL though, make the best of any chance because  one never knows if that will be the last 'chance' if the play didn't live up to 'the standard' 

it's comparable to Neal, he might have lost his spot with Thompson playing good.   

I thought about this post when I was watching him at the end of the game. Wasn’t hard to tell why they have taken anyone off the street over him to this point. 

Maybe they have hope that a for er running back still has room to grow, but in this game you saw why he doesn’t play and why Mykal Walker was free. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

I thought about this post when I was watching him at the end of the game. Wasn’t hard to tell why they have taken anyone off the street over him to this point. 

Maybe they have hope that a for er running back still has room to grow, but in this game you saw why he doesn’t play and why Mykal Walker was free. 

so why is Robinson o the team then? Probably because they didn't have a good ILB room and as usual had spots filled by less than suitable players.  Lots of problems on this team, ILB is one of the most severe because of injuries and FO neglect in years past.  At least Khan tried to get ILB', but they couldn't stay healthy. 

• 2 weeks later...