Game 13: Detroit Lions (9-3) @ Chicago Bears (4-8)

Louis Friend

Chicago played Lions tough a couple weeks ago. They are coming off their bye and are well rested. Detroit needs to win the winnable games. Containing Fields and forcing turnovers is a must. Lions cannot give the ball away. 

ETA: Just realized this is our final outdoor game of the regular season. 

Edited by Louis Friend

As of now, its supposed to be upper 30s with snow/rain mix after a day of rain on Saturday.  Could be a rough day for passing but good for running which is tough with Fields playing.  Need to find a way to contain him and spy him. 

As a Lions fan I am just inherently nervous about games like this, especially after losing to the Packers, but I still think we win this game handedly. 34-17

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Just Want A Title said:

Do you think the Lions will run more  stunts, twists ect to compensate for the loss of Alim McNeil?  Maybe dial up additional blitzes If Alex Anzalone is playing also?

I'm actually wondering if we do more 3-4 fronts. The Lions did that in 2021 with Alim at Nose. We definitely have enough NTs and guys like Paschal and Cominsky can be the DEs.

50 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

I don't care how it looks, I just want that 10th win.

The Bears have a pretty good defense.  We have to put points on the board early and not let Justin Fields make easy completions.  I don't have the link but I saw in an article that the Lions have been allowing 28 pts per game over their last six games.  We should be able to do much better than that against the Bears.

Edited by Just Want A Title

1 hour ago, Just Want A Title said:

The Bears have a pretty good defense.  We have to put points on the board early and not let Justin Fields make easy completions.  I don't have the link but I saw in an article that the Lions have been allowing 28 pts per game over their last six games.  We should be able to do much better than that against the Bears.

Hopefully we look better, but I'm good with Chicago scoring 30 on us as long as we score at least 31.

• Like 2