2023 Week #14 TNF Steelers 7-5 Host Patriots 2-10

Steeler Hitman

13 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

Mountain out of a mole hill. He straight up says at the start that passing the test on the field, having no symptoms and then having them the next day is common. TJ warms up and practices with the dark mast, has even worn it in games a few other times. You need NFL approval for the ability to wear it, so he was approved for it even before the hit (you also can’t randomly add it in game due to these rules). And smelling salts….isn’t all that uncommon. I’ve seen TJ use them a bunch before. 

But back to the first thing - they’re no foolproof test for concussions. There’s nothing that can detect delayed symptoms. It happens. Doctoring is easy when you can go back and second guess every decision knowing the outcome. 

21 minutes ago, 43M said:

Perhaps, but thats a step up from what we have now, and an improvement at QB would save more jobs than an improvement at any other position.

For the record, I am not saying I love the idea of signing Cousins.  I'd be okay with it for the right money, but I wouldn't overpay.

I am just saying I cant see them not looking for someone to at least challenge Kenny.   You mentioned Fields, who would barely move the needle.   Murray is too much of risk and would probably cost as much as Cousins if he hits the market.   

I don't know what will happen....but I foresee some major moves on offense, and I will be really shocked if that doesn't include changes at QB.   I could see us signing someone and drafting a day 3 guy....even though Im not big on that idea.

Don’t disagree with anything you said. But - Cousins is a floor raiser, Fields/Murray are a ceiling raiser IMO. I rather have Fields out of the 3. 

1 minute ago, jebrick said:

Tell me something I have not been saying for the past year

I get people are upset at all phases of the game, but it's a big reason why I can't get on board with complaints about defense.  Does that mean it's perfect? Far from it.  But down 3 ILB, 2 Safeties, 1.5 Edge rushers, has NCB issues, and at times CB2 issues....performing at the level of an average defense isn't bad at all.

5 hours ago, AFF said:

As @jebrick and @warfelg have stated, the Defense has issues but it pales in comparison to the offensive issues.

I would concentrate on offense this offseason…add a DL and CB piece and ill be happy.

I also would like a nice drafted ILB too. Alexander is probably done and Robinson stinks. We could use a good #3 guy. 

47 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I also would like a nice drafted ILB too. Alexander is probably done and Robinson stinks. We could use a good #3 guy. 

I was lumping that In that mid round pick or June type signing like they did this past offseason with Alexander.

• Like 1

The guest on Locked On made a good-ish point today and I’m gonna expand a thought:

If you’re Khan and Weidl, I think you need to start the offseason with an open round table with Fitzpatrick, Watt, Heyward, Harris, Jones. They seem to be the leaders of the players right now. 

Two topics on the table: 1 - how much do you believe in Tomlin. And 2 - Who exactly are these guys you are talking about. 

IMO these are the guys who are most important from a leadership standpoint that you have to get this perspective on. Why all of them at the same time? If I’m Khan/Weidl I want to tee them up and let them take it rather than one on one. I don’t want Rooney there because I want them to talk freely. 

Theres a real issue here: if you go to the coach without looking within and what the issue is - the issue could continue. Comments from Muth, Cam, Minkah, Najee all indicate this is a player problem. “Don’t study their playbook”, “Don’t put in the effort”, “Are missing assignments they should know”, “Come in thinking plays happen because you’re in the uniform.” Those are all things that have been said lately. And if you change out the coach and these things continue…,we’re in for some really dark days. 

EDIT:

And before people losing their crap about “defending Tomlin” - that’s not what I’m advocating for here. 

I’m advocating that there’s a lot more issues going on than just coaching, and I believe that the FO team of Kahn and Weidl need to get to the bottom of what the issue is regardless of who would be here as the coach. Involving player leaders and guys who spoke out on the issues would be vital to getting this all solved. 

Edited by warfelg

41 minutes ago, warfelg said:

The guest on Locked On made a good-ish point today and I’m gonna expand a thought:

If you’re Khan and Weidl, I think you need to start the offseason with an open round table with Fitzpatrick, Watt, Heyward, Harris, Jones. They seem to be the leaders of the players right now. 

Two topics on the table: 1 - how much do you believe in Tomlin. And 2 - Who exactly are these guys you are talking about. 

IMO these are the guys who are most important from a leadership standpoint that you have to get this perspective on. Why all of them at the same time? If I’m Khan/Weidl I want to tee them up and let them take it rather than one on one. I don’t want Rooney there because I want them to talk freely. 

Theres a real issue here: if you go to the coach without looking within and what the issue is - the issue could continue. Comments from Muth, Cam, Minkah, Najee all indicate this is a player problem. “Don’t study their playbook”, “Don’t put in the effort”, “Are missing assignments they should know”, “Come in thinking plays happen because you’re in the uniform.” Those are all things that have been said lately. And if you change out the coach and these things continue…,we’re in for some really dark days. 

EDIT:

And before people losing their crap about “defending Tomlin” - that’s not what I’m advocating for here. 

I’m advocating that there’s a lot more issues going on than just coaching, and I believe that the FO team of Kahn and Weidl need to get to the bottom of what the issue is regardless of who would be here as the coach. Involving player leaders and guys who spoke out on the issues would be vital to getting this all solved. 

trade Harris 

Ask Minkah who he was talking about, because there is a chance some of the others you mentioned could be the players he spoke of. I doubt he was speaking of the long snapper of the player that gets 10 snaps a game.  Remember when Minkah and heyward got into it on the sidelines last year ?  What was that all about?