2023 Week #14 TNF Steelers 7-5 Host Patriots 2-10

Steeler Hitman

6 hours ago, warfelg said:

or his run blocking was just that bad.

and his run blocking is was that bad  ;)

6 hours ago, warfelg said:

Interesting line they use of a win is considered holding the block for more than 2.5 seconds.  So if a guy were to hold a block for 2.6 seconds but their man ultimately still makes the sack or wins because the ball isn’t out that seems to indicate that the OT won.  Given Kenny’s penchant to roll left when scrambling then it should make sense that the guys on the right can “win” more with that being the line.

during the Munchak era, Ben could hold onto the ball for several seconds at times, so it must have allowed the OL stats to rise up the ranks.  There are always details to the stat, lots to learn and decipher.  Breaking the play of the game into numbers can only go so far but it gives an idea.  

1 hour ago, Steeler Hitman said:

Lack of locker room leadership and maturity from our franchise QB.  There was no locker room accountability. When Ben stepped up in this role, AB seemed to get mad and that was the beginning of the end.

this was a problem back then, terrible  drama and self destruction overall.  Now though, it's not like that, but still the team has different issues.  Better QB play and wins will help put this off to the side, but losing to one of the worst teams (by record) how we did  allows the sky to start falling

The results and overall betterment of the organization is more important to me than liking or disliking Coach Tomlin.

but what if there were changes and in turn these issues were corrected? The record might not be much different, just arrived at in a more appreciable way. Not SB champs right away and winning with tomlins players and coaches either,  just a new look and solid team to start. 

Being Mr. .550

and to think I liked math , how I have slipped over time. Thanks for the 'details' here  (23' steelers pun intended of course) . I will lack accountability and credit weekly observing of lacking details for this -_-

I think right now Coach Tomlin gives the Steelers the most stability and best chance to win.

there was a time I thought like this, but thats going back a ways. I hear others defend the idea of keeping him, yet it seems there are coaches every year that vastly improve teams, wins a SB  with coaches that were available.  Thats a reason not to accept tomlin anymore alone but will we pick such a coach is another task.  Do you get an arthur smith, Salah, Staley , or McVay, Shanny Steichen  etc.   No guarantee we get the right/good HC either. My disagreement with your comment is 'win might be possible with tomlin (Mr.550 :P) but being a legit contender - that hasn't appeared to be within reach for a very long time. Even then, he never changed the defence other than 1 game vs Brady and thats a major blemish on his resume.   

Do you keep media hyped (MH) Mr.550 or want a coach that makes required changes to beat the appropriate teams and risk a new/better culture ?  

or

how many more years of the same old do you want to tolerate and expect /hope things will change despite the consistent track record ?

If he really rally's this team and they make noise in the playoffs, I might reconsider, maybe.  That would include wins agains good  healthy teams  and go from there.  No footlocker refs, no bugle in the jungle and no QB3 opponents

1 hour ago, Squanchy said:

****.  I wanted to dvr this game so I didn’t have to watch it live and suffer. 

I might be wrong but I do think you can rewatch the prime games. Pretty sure the titans game is still available for rewatch 

Don’t hold me accountable if they don’t ….😎

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

I might be wrong but I do think you can rewatch the prime games. Pretty sure the titans game is still available for rewatch 

Don’t hold me accountable if they don’t ….😎

I’m going to test that out at the beginning and if it works bail the scene til later and watch in like 70 minutes total.