2024 Mock Draft Sims

kingseanjohn

1 hour ago, mayanfootball said:

Latham/OT is not there at 32. 😂

Why not? He's ranked at #23 which is reasonable.

He was jumped by 2 QB, 2 DL, 3 WR, 1 CB, and Tyler Guyton. The biggest quibble is taking Guyton over Latham. 

Predraft trade

KC - 32, 64, 95, 133
NYG - 39, 47, 108, 140

Same settings twice

39: OT Kingsley Suamataia - BYU
47: WR Ladd McConkey - Georgia
107: DL McKinnley Jackson - Texas A&M
142: LB Curtis Jacobs - Penn State
160: OT Christian Jones - Texas
171: DL Gabe Hall - Baylor
172: RB Kendall Milton - Georgia

47: DL Leonard Taylor - Miami
107: WR Roman Wilson - Michigan
142: TE Ben Sinnott - Kansas State
160: S Kitan Oladapo - Oregon State
171: EDGE Myles Cole - Texas Tech
172: RB Miyan Williams - Ohio State

49 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Predraft trade

KC - 32, 64, 95, 133
NYG - 39, 47, 108, 140

Same settings twice

47: WR Ladd McConkey - Georgia
107: DL McKinnley Jackson - Texas A&M
142: LB Curtis Jacobs - Penn State
160: OT Christian Jones - Texas
171: DL Gabe Hall - Baylor
172: RB Kendall Milton - Georgia

47: DL Leonard Taylor - Miami
107: WR Roman Wilson - Michigan
142: TE Ben Sinnott - Kansas State
160: S Kitan Oladapo - Oregon State
171: EDGE Myles Cole - Texas Tech
172: RB Miyan Williams - Ohio State

Not bad, not a Wilson fan. Would be interested to know where Corley and Walker were when you took McConkey.  I know there’s according to combine coverage teams that are legit concerned about us getting him in the second, but the dude run like Forrest Gump to me, straight up and down. Wouldn’t hate either draft, certainly not a sexy player draft but once you start trading back in multiple rounds that happens.

Do much second round WR hotness going to be available, I think I need to watch some McConkey, I just feel like I’ve never had a draft where he was the guy at my pick.

1 hour ago, EMAW_KSU said:

Not bad, not a Wilson fan. Would be interested to know where Corley and Walker were when you took McConkey.  I know there’s according to combine coverage teams that are legit concerned about us getting him in the second, but the dude run like Forrest Gump to me, straight up and down. Wouldn’t hate either draft, certainly not a sexy player draft but once you start trading back in multiple rounds that happens.

Do much second round WR hotness going to be available, I think I need to watch some McConkey, I just feel like I’ve never had a draft where he was the guy at my pick.

I'll take Wilson outside the top 100. 

Corley was on the board but not Walker. I can see a question about Walker but Corley is half a round lower. He's got helium but not that much yet. It's also a case of taking the undersized burner because that is what the WR room lacks. I would have taken Xavier Worthy if he was available.

5 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

I'll take Wilson outside the top 100. 

Corley was on the board but not Walker. I can see a question about Walker but Corley is half a round lower. He's got helium but not that much yet. It's also a case of taking the undersized burner because that is what the WR room lacks. I would have taken Xavier Worthy if he was available.

I just can’t get over Corley with the ball in his hands.  I wouldn’t necessarily think about aYAC guy because we have Rice, but Corley is just different. Could see him as a WR, but also see him fill that Jet McKinnon role on certain plays too.

1 hour ago, EMAW_KSU said:

I just can’t get over Corley with the ball in his hands.  I wouldn’t necessarily think about aYAC guy because we have Rice, but Corley is just different. Could see him as a WR, but also see him fill that Jet McKinnon role on certain plays too.

YAC is exactly why Rice is going to be a beast but he's not a true deep threat. With MVS and Hardman going, what we are missing is a burner.

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

YAC is exactly why Rice is going to be a beast but he's not a true deep threat. With MVS and Hardman going, what we are missing is a burner.

I don’t mind us getting a burner, lots of them in this class.  But I’d like a guy with some substance that has an ability to diversify their route tree.

7 hours ago, EMAW_KSU said:

I don’t mind us getting a burner, lots of them in this class.  But I’d like a guy with some substance that has an ability to diversify their route tree.

Hance McConkey or XW.

5 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Hance McConkey or XW.

Worthy in my opinion is going to be limited in his NFL route tree.  You aren’t going to bring him across the middle of the field very often.

8 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

Worthy in my opinion is going to be limited in his NFL route tree.  You aren’t going to bring him across the middle of the field very often.

He has the frame to add bulk. No one we take at #32 is going to play a lot as a rookie.

There have been changes in the last couple of days, probably from post Combine tweaking. Whatever the reason, default picks are different.

The list here is from Draft Diamonds. Twice with the same settings and once on autopilot.
I would not have taken Mitchell on the auto-draft. Murphy was still available. Still, I like that one as much as the others

32: DL Byron Murphy II - Texas
64: WR Malachi Corley - Western Kentucky
95: LB Junior Colson - Michigan
131: RB Audric Estime - Notre Dame

32: DL Jer’Zhan Newton - Illinois
64: S Javon Bullard - Georgia
95: WR Johnny Wilson - Florida State
131: LB Jeremiah Trotter Jr. - Clemson

32: WR Adonai Mitchell - Texas
64: DL McKinnley Jackson - Texas A&M
95: TE Ben Sinnott - Kansas State

6 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

He has the frame to add bulk. No one we take at #32 is going to play a lot as a rookie.

There have been changes in the last couple of days, probably from post Combine tweaking. Whatever the reason, default picks are different.

The list here is from Draft Diamonds. Twice with the same settings and once on autopilot.
I would not have taken Mitchell on the auto-draft. Murphy was still available. Still, I like that one as much as the others

32: DL Byron Murphy II - Texas
64: WR Malachi Corley - Western Kentucky
95: LB Junior Colson - Michigan

32: DL Jer’Zhan Newton - Illinois
64: S Javon Bullard - Georgia
95: WR Johnny Wilson - Florida State
131: LB Jeremiah Trotter Jr. - Clemson

32: WR Adonai Mitchell - Texas
64: DL McKinnley Jackson - Texas A&M
95: TE Ben Sinnott - Kansas State

You keep saying that, yet our second round pick from last year had 79 receptions 938 yards and 7 TDs. Many times in Andy’s system the young WRs take a long time to learn and there’s established receivers ahead of them.  We’ve basically been begging Moore to contribute, same with “first round potential Ross,” and “number 1 receiver” Toney.  A rookie with a good head for football and some pure talent could absolutely supplant any of those three.

I’m assuming you mean a WR won’t play a lot as a rookie, because there’s absolutely positions that a player could start as a rookie.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EMAW_KSU said:

You keep saying that, yet our second round pick from last year had 79 receptions 938 yards and 7 TDs. Many times in Andy’s system the young WRs take a long time to learn and there’s established receivers ahead of them.  We’ve basically been begging Moore to contribute, same with “first round potential Ross,” and “number 1 receiver” Toney.  A rookie with a good head for football and some pure talent could absolutely supplant any of those three.

I’m assuming you mean a WR won’t play a lot as a rookie, because there’s absolutely positions that a player could start as a rookie.

I keep saying it because it's true. Ross and Moore are more typical.

Rice was the 4th or 5th option after MVS, KT, Moore, and maybe James. Once we worked through that list and came up empty we started forcing things to RR. Mahomes took extra time working with him and even then it took 3/4 of a season before he was getting it. I have to wonder how much of that was Kelce, but that's another discussion. 

It is sufficient to say that we are not going through that again because now we have Rashee Rice. Is he a stud? No. He is a starting caliber WR1, no more but no less. Hopefully, by the end of the season, he will be rocking it. The third year is often the breakout year and Rice is on track for that. Even a 1st round pick will be in the same boat as Rice. The offense is complicated and the team gives you the whole book on day #1. It's rare for a rookie to stand out on a Reid offense.

That does not mean I would not take a WR in round #1 but my thinking is along the lines of multiple day #3 picks and a mid-range veteran FA. DT and OT are much more soluble needs. 

Tried my hand, saw that someone had a need to move up, moved back a couple hoping to pick up a future pick too, but didn’t happen. Jay, before you go crazy about the double WRs, I thought about them on the outside utilizing their speed, Kelce and Rice busting the Shake and back underneath, plus you wanted speed and these guys have plenty.

43.  Jordan Morgan OT Arizona
64.  Kris Jenkins DT Michigan
86.  Xavier Legette WR South Carolina
95.  Devontez Walker WR North Carolina
108.  Jaden Hicks S Washington State
131.Johnny Dixon CB Penn State