2024 Mock Draft Sims

kingseanjohn

Just as in previous years, if I don't start scouting early, I'll never get it done. I plan on posting one a week (sometimes two), but we'll see how that goes as I'm forcing myself to do this. I'm using Pro Football Network for my mock sims.

As of December 5, 2023 our UFA are scheduled to be: Gabbert, CEH, McKinnon, Hardman, James, Bell, D. Smith, Allegretti, Jones, Danna, Wharton, Nnadi, Dickerson, Tranquill, Gay, Harris, Sneed, Edwards, Townsend, and Winchester. That means we have 34 players under contract with ~212.8mil in cap already allocated. The projected cap is 240.5mil. Gross. One thing we absolutely cannot do is screw up the 2025 cap with dead hits or more terrible contracts. We have a LOT of our best guys coming due for new deals.

*My only assumption, unless noted, is that we tag Jones with intent to trade for 2024/2025 pick(s). This will be the case for each post I make. Yes, there will likely be other extensions or cuts. Right now, I am assuming that all other FA are gone even though that won't be the case.

My top needs: More draft picks.... This will always be the case tbh! But I'm super serious this year. But really (in no order) it's: WR, OL, DL. -- Hey wait, that's almost exactly the same as last year! Anyways, here we go.

25. Rome Odunze, WR Washington - He's big, fast, looks good with contested catches, and could give us a deep play threat. I haven't seen much of him yet, but I must say I was a little underwhelmed by his highlight video based on the hype I've read. I'll have to watch some more to get a better look at him. -- Note: He was the 5th WR taken here.

58. Ja'Tavion Sanders, TE Texas - Kelce is aging and openly discussing retirement while Bell is a free agent. Gray will be entering a contract year as well. We need TE depth on a rookie deal. Sanders looks like he has potential worth developing.

89. T'Vondre Sweat, DL Texas - Possibly a bit of a reach, but we need DL help bad with (potentially) trading Jones and all the free agents. He's a massive man who will make some plays, but I don't expect him to be a star. He could fit in our defense fairly well I think.

122. Blake Corum, RB Michigan - CEH and McKinnon are FA. Corum would be a good change of pace from Pacheco. He doesn't have game breaking speed, but I like his vision, patience, usage of blockers, agility, and ball handling. He'd be a solid contributor year one.

155. Jacob Cowing, WR Arizona - He did a great job of finding holes in the defense. He's got speed, good hands, and appeared to run decent routes. I need to watch more of him, plus scout other players, but I think I'd take him as high as the mid to late 2nd based on day one of scouting.

217. Walker Parks, OL Clemson - He's played at LT, RT, and RG in college. He got injured early in the season so he may fall a bit or even stay in school. Either way, we need OL depth/developmental with Allegretti becoming a FA in 2024 plus only having 3 total OL currently under contract in 2025.

Note: Tankathon shows us having slightly different picks, but close enough.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a couple of weeks ago I convinced myself that a Left Tackle would be drafted with our 1st round pick. I agree with your choice of WR, but don't see much of a chance Odunze is there at our pick. A player I've been watching that might be there Is Keon Coleman (FSU).  He's a 6'3" 215 pound 2-sport athlete (played basketball his freshmen year at Michigan State). Big body, great hands and knows how get position.

Interestingly he just declared for the NFL draft today.

Edited by KCsb

18 hours ago, KCsb said:

Just a couple of weeks ago I convinced myself that a Left Tackle would be drafted with our 1st round pick. I agree with your choice of WR, but don't see much of a chance Odunze is there at our pick. A player I've been watching that might be there Is Keon Coleman (FSU).  He's a 6'3" 215 pound 2-sport athlete (played basketball his freshmen year at Michigan State). Big body, great hands and knows how get position.

Interestingly he just declared for the NFL draft today.

I think that we already have our LT. Wanya Morris is coming along nicely. RT I can see but that is a round later position. 

I am not jumping on the WR bandwagon. Rice is locking down one side and we can look for a FA bargain who wants to play with Mahomes. Watson is a solid WR3 and Justyn Ross may have something if he can stay out of trouble. 

The big issue is that Travis Kelce is showing his age. I expect him to go for one more ring but the rest of his life is sorting itself for after football.

50 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Disagree. He got his *** handed to him over and over again in the Raider game, we don't know what we have there at all yet to saying "we're set".

That's an overstatement. 

No one is saying that we are all set. We could be saying that we cannot do better in the first round without a major trade-up. Either way, the outlook is good. Here's a video on the point.

Regardless, drafts should look to the second year, not the first, unless the pick is top 10.

This one is not very reasonable. The system is probably too devoted to needs, so an elite TE falls to us. Still, the mix is realistic.

25: TE Brock Bowers - Georgia
57: RB Blake Corum - Michigan
89: OT Javon Foster - Missouri
125: DL Braden Fiske - Florida State

Edited by onejayhawk

1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:

No one is saying that we are all set

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

I think that we already have our LT.

That's the reason for my reply.

Opinions and all. I just disagree. Hes looked ok at times and others, like the LV game, he got smoked often. He needs to build strength top to bottom in the off-season.

3 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

That's an overstatement. 

No one is saying that we are all set. We could be saying that we cannot do better in the first round without a major trade-up. Either way, the outlook is good. Here's a video on the point.

Regardless, drafts should look to the second year, not the first, unless the pick is top 10.

This one is not very reasonable. The system is probably too devoted to needs, so an elite TE falls to us. Still, the mix is realistic.

25: TE Brock Bowers - Georgia
125: DL Braden Fiske - Florida State

Brock Bowers isn’t falling to 25

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Brock Bowers isn’t falling to 25

I already said that, though stranger things have happened. 

4 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

That's the reason for my reply.

Opinions and all. I just disagree. Hes looked ok at times and others, like the LV game, he got smoked often. He needs to build strength top to bottom in the off-season.

Morris is doing rather well for a rookie starting at LT. There is a steep learning curve.

16 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

I already said that, though stranger things have happened. 

Morris is doing rather well for a rookie starting at LT. There is a steep learning curve.

Yet you listed a mock that still had him at 25… and said still the mix is realistic. He would be included in the mix. 

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

Yet you listed a mock that still had him at 25… and said still the mix is realistic. He would be included in the mix. 

How does "not very reasonable" equate to "realistic"?

The mix refers to the positions of the players chosen. Realistically, we may draft a TE, a RB, and an OT in some order, in the first three rounds. 

3 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

How does "not very reasonable" equate to "realistic"?

The mix refers to the positions of the players chosen. Realistically, we may draft a TE, a RB, and an OT in some order, in the first three rounds. 

Those were your words. But thanks for explaining. 

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

Those were your words. But thanks for explaining. 

It's no more unreasonable than this one. It involves Odunze and Nabors going before Coleman. BTW Bowers goes at #18. 

25: WR Keon Coleman - Florida State

Are you ranking Bowers in the top 10? I'm not but I have seen it.

11 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

It's no more unreasonable than this one. It involves Odunze and Nabors going before Coleman. BTW Bowers goes at #18. 

25: WR Keon Coleman - Florida State

Are you ranking Bowers in the top 10? I'm not but I have seen it.

Coleman has a better shot at lasting to 25 than Bowers. I see some similarities to a prospect you Chief fans should be familiar with. Jonathan Baldwin…

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

Coleman has a better shot at lasting to 25 than Bowers. I see some similarities to a prospect you Chief fans should be familiar with. Jonathan Baldwin…

The size is about the same as Baldwin. Other than that, I'm not getting the comparison.

The point is that on the ranking list, Colman and Bowers are one right after the other. It could mean that the list is crap, but it's what the computer uses.

9 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

The size is about the same as Baldwin. Other than that, I'm not getting the comparison.

The point is that on the ranking list, Colman and Bowers are one right after the other. It could mean that the list is crap, but it's what the computer uses.

Yes those lists are usually crap