Dolphins extend Austin Jackson

Tetsujin

I actually really love this. Jackson has been, dare I say, good this year. That is a short-term extension so it's not going to cripple the team if he goes back to getting injured, and the AAV isn't even in the top 10 for RTs.  I wonder if the Fins negotiated a clause in there to give Butch Barry a percentage?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tetsujin said:

He’s having a good season in his contract year. Go figure 

But it also coincides with the rest of the OL playing well too.  Very little concern that he turns back into a pumpkin as long as this coaching staff is in place.

Edited by hrubes20
  • Like 1

Good move by the Front Office IMO.  Next they should get an extension done with Connor Williams (I hope).  What I love most about this move is it's all about Tua.  Second, I can remove OT from my list of 1st round needs (Armstead health pending).  What I don't like about this move is that with every player we extend it becomes less likely we have the cap to have Jaylen Waddle on the team past his 5th year rookie contract.  I hate to say it but we should move Waddle if we can get a 1st for him.

Edited by Swampbilly
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

I guess we're gonna be pushing a ton of money into 25' and 26' and go boom or bust in our 3-year window. We're already way over the cap for 2024 with 36 players under contract.

Ya I predict upcoming restructures by Tyreek and Chubb and maybe Ramsey too.