Week 16: BAL @ SF

diamondbull424

On 12/23/2023 at 11:30 AM, Ray Reed said:

IMO at some point this season we’re going to need our first rounders from the 2021 class in Oweh and Bateman to have some first round performance type games if we want to win it all. Would be nice if either or both have them Monday night 

lol at this point i’m just out on Bateman. Guy drops an easy pass every game and has yet to top like what, 50 yards in a game this year? 

Whatev. Glad we got Flowers 

12 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

EDIT 2: Also, very bad day for the "Marlon humphrey is actually bad" truthers out there

Didn't he have a free shot at Samuel in the backfield and get trucked? That was weak. 

And CB1 Stephens did a nice job batting the ball to Humphrey for the INT but I don't think that was anything special by Humphrey there.

Anyhow, I think he played fine and I'm happy when he plays well. I don't regret calling him out earlier because he wasn't playing very well. Never called him "bad" but his play in 2021 and some of 2023 was JAG-level play. If he improves I'm happy for that, although he's still overpaid.

13 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Didn't he have a free shot at Samuel in the backfield and get trucked? That was weak. 

And CB1 Stephens did a nice job batting the ball to Humphrey for the INT but I don't think that was anything special by Humphrey there.

Anyhow, I think he played fine and I'm happy when he plays well. I don't regret calling him out earlier because he wasn't playing very well. Never called him "bad" but his play in 2021 and some of 2023 was JAG-level play. If he improves I'm happy for that, although he's still overpaid.

There’s maybe 2-3 corners in the NFL who are trucking and pushing back an OT several yards into the backfield on run support plays. 

And you call this “getting trucked”? Come on man lol. He popped Deebo and sent him 2 yards backwards but didn’t wrap up. Great play by deebo to keep his feet but watching that play and thinking “man Marlon got trucked there” is a pretty delusional view of reality 

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

There’s maybe 2-3 corners in the NFL who are trucking and pushing back an OT several yards into the backfield on run support plays. 

And you call this “getting trucked”? Come on man lol. He popped Deebo and sent him 2 yards backwards but didn’t wrap up. Great play by deebo to keep his feet but watching that play and thinking “man Marlon got trucked there” is a pretty delusional view of reality 

Fair.

1 hour ago, AngusMcFife said:

Marlon had several great plays - highlighted above. But also had a couple of really key PD's or coverages forcing incomplete passes as well. All in all he played a damn near perfect game except the one play where he didn't wrap up.

• Like 1

Humphrey is a good corner sometimes plays great sometime has bad plays hence the word “good” there is no reason to argue about him he is needed in this team. Stanley is on that same boat as well. The only player on this team that needs to be released after this season is Bowser. 

19 hours ago, santiagomn8 said:

Humphrey is a good corner sometimes plays great sometime has bad plays hence the word “good” there is no reason to argue about him he is needed in this team. Stanley is on that same boat as well. The only player on this team that needs to be released after this season is Bowser. 

I would also strongly argue that Marcus Williams needs to be considered for a restructure as well. Guy is an absolute liability on the field. He can't tackle and he can't cover anything.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Pretty crazy that this team has lost 3 of it's most dynamic playmakers(Andrews, Dobbins, Mitchell) and yet we're still dangerous on offense. 

Yeah it’s pretty telling how bad our injuries were from 2020-2022 when Andrews, Dobbins, and Mitchell are all out for the year and Stanley, Moses, Linderbaum, Humphrey, and Marcus Williams have all missed time and we’re like “what an awesomely lucky injury year” 😂

• Like 1