Next Patriots Head Coach (Post-Belichick Era?)

DoleINGout

Next Patriots Head Coach  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best choice to coach the Patriots going forward?

• Jim Harbaugh
    • Brian Flores
    • Eric Bienemy
    • Ben Johnson
    • Bill Belichick
    • Not Listed

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/05/2024 at 08:54 AM

I have a bad feeling about this... Kraft basically saying the coach has little to no control over who gets picked and Mayo talking about his job being to develop people is pretty scary. 

4 hours ago, jofos said:

I have a bad feeling about this... Kraft basically saying the coach has little to no control over who gets picked and Mayo talking about his job being to develop people is pretty scary. 

the part where jonathan was answering questions was my favorite part

13 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

im paraphrasing for effect but robert kraft essentially saying he’s been married twice so he has a good feeling about mayo…

I think that's not totally what he said- he said he has had similar gut feelings/instincts about Mayo, as he did with his wives and with Bill.

I could have done without a couple Thunder comments, but I was encouraged by the presser. I love Mayo's mentality. I'm pretty confident he's a great leader- whether that will translate to wins- tbd.

38 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

I think that's not totally what he said- he said he has had similar gut feelings/instincts about Mayo, as he did with his wives and with Bill.

I could have done without a couple Thunder comments, but I was encouraged by the presser. I love Mayo's mentality. I'm pretty confident he's a great leader- whether that will translate to wins- tbd.

you mean I’m not embellishing for kicks and tricks?

• Like 1

Listened to the introductory presser and... ooof, it was cringe as hell. Is it always this bad?

What I liked:

• Mayo, at least rhetorically (now), understand the need and necessity of hiring from the outside sometimes.
  • He's aware of not knowing/being competent in everything, the need to compartmentalize the organization and listening to other experts.
  • He wants to be a player's coach. (This is a pet peeve of mine, but coaches and administrators need to listen to players on and off the field. Those people are professionals as well and can have valuable input about coaching, the game and organization. Those opinions should be weighted, of course, but you cannot brush them aside - that's how you pull a JMD and lose locker rooms.)

What I didn't like:

• He wants to be a player's  coach (if he cannot keep the equilibrium and starts favoring players and schemes at the detriment of the organization and the team).
  • 100 % blatant buddy hire. Calling Kraft Thunder or whatever, like how old are you, 10? The not-so-subtle jabs at Belichick sometimes by both. Unnecessary and unprofessional.
  • Diversity blather and the constant reference to Mayo having a successful career in business. I hope none of those "professional" management methods and practices carry over.

Overall 5/10, still vacillating about this hire.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LD696 said:

Listened to the introductory presser and... ooof, it was cringe as hell. Is it always this bad?

What I liked:

• Mayo, at least rhetorically (now), understand the need and necessity of hiring from the outside sometimes.
  • He's aware of not knowing/being competent in everything, the need to compartmentalize the organization and listening to other experts.
  • He wants to be a player's coach. (This is a pet peeve of mine, but coaches and administrators need to listen to players on and off the field. Those people are professionals as well and can have valuable input about coaching, the game and organization. Those opinions should be weighted, of course, but you cannot brush them aside - that's how you pull a JMD and lose locker rooms.)

What I didn't like:

• He wants to be a player's  coach (if he cannot keep the equilibrium and starts favoring players and schemes at the detriment of the organization and the team).
  • 100 % blatant buddy hire. Calling Kraft Thunder or whatever, like how old are you, 10? The not-so-subtle jabs at Belichick sometimes by both. Unnecessary and unprofessional.
  • Diversity blather and the constant reference to Mayo having a successful career in business. I hope none of those "professional" management methods and practices carry over.

Overall 5/10, still vacillating about this hire.

at this point i am encouraged by there being some change… but im not convinced mayo is anything more than the new team mascot. tons of energy, super excitable, speaks to the fans, and based on the qualifications right now at least - pretty much anyone else could do the job while the “experts” handle the important stuff under the Kraft’s.

I'll get to the point I hate the hire.

He sounds like he just finish his 1st class in management 101. I dealt (work)  with college kids interviews and had flashbacks, puke send a rejection letter.

Players coach that only works when you win.

He smart really well he should of paid more attention in class. WE want a QB basically at 3 !!!!!!! Shut up.

Talking to Curran was obviiuos. TC my source say it Mayo., with a huge smurk on his face. I;m pretty sure he quareenteed it.

Also he lacks experience.

There not one fan that would take Mayo over Vrabel.  If they did, they are puppets that believe what the Krafts and Curran are saying about Mayo.

I'm not.

Would you bet your house on Mayo over Vrabel ?????

Forgot, the cracks said by Mayo about BB. Shut your mouth.

I say they turn on him in 2yrs unless Daniels is the new Brady.

22 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

well same could be said for bill if not for brady. daniels is a savior type. i think penix could be good too.

I don't like him at all. The injuries are a HUGE, MAJOR problem for me and him as well. Against MU the pressure made him look like Mac. Than he had some rib injury , hurt again and he bailed on every snap.

Also go back and watch the tape. He struggle when he moves and another eye opener. is he only looks at half the field to his right which is strange for a lefty. The only time he looks left is a bomb.

I watched years of football. IMO injury prone picks have little value.  That why I had a melt down when  BB took DT Easley.

56 minutes ago, m haynes said:

I watched years of football. IMO injury prone picks have little value.  That why I had a melt down when  BB took DT Easley.

difference is easley was injured at the time of the pick and was undersized relying on athleticism. it was a terrible pick all around. penix is the best pure thrower in the class of qb’s this year and is healthy barring a rib injury in the championship game. he played all year and was second in heismen voting. i think your bias and everyone else’s against his injury history is clouding the talent that is very apparent with penix.

that said, i think mayo views daniels as the clear cut choice at 3. i hope he is there. maye doesnt do much for me and neither really does caleb but neither is that bad.