Next Patriots Head Coach (Post-Belichick Era?)

DoleINGout

Next Patriots Head Coach  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best choice to coach the Patriots going forward?

• Jim Harbaugh
    • Brian Flores
    • Eric Bienemy
    • Ben Johnson
    • Bill Belichick
    • Not Listed

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/05/2024 at 08:54 AM

I'm leaning towards Slowik right now. Scheme and playcalling seems creative, has experience winning with a rookie QB. The black mark on his résumé is the three-year stint as a PFF analyst, but whatever.

Is there a greater than zero chance that they could lure back Caserio as GM? I'd say no, but I'd be happy if they could.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LD696 said:

Slowik

Not familiar with him so I looked him up in Wika.

You might have something with him. Very impressive resume.   Many things that stood out.

1. Played football in college.

2. Coached defense

3. coached offense

4. Come from the Shanahan tree.

5. Broke down players for PFF and has connections in the scouting

And last but not least, his father is a professional football coach in the pass happy Canadian league. 

All he knows is football !!!  🤙😁

Forgot   I saw his pic and I have followed him. 

IMO  He was real good with players draft evaluations.

the krafts probably should go the route of someone else like Slowik but theyre more than likely going to go with Belichick, Mayo, or Vrabel. whatever it is, it will be i fear will be mediocre to below average and short sighted to appease growing fan concerns, i.e. a big name hire that isnt best for the job or a retread of the Belichick era if not Belichick himself

While everyone in the media is out there like sharks swimming around in blood infested waters, I just wanted to stop in and tell you Patriot fans how much respect I have for Bill Belichick and everything he has accomplished.  His 20+ year run is probably as impressive as anything any other coach has done, when you consider the fact that he did it in the NFL during the era of parity.  That makes it a LOT tougher, because you can't keep a great team together for a decade like they used to be able to do in decades past.

Anyway, if this weekend's game with the Jets was his last, I hope you guys all appreciate how great you have had it with the GOAT.  The is the GOAT of coaches, and Tom Brady was the GOAT of quarterbacks.  That's one heck of a combination!  Good luck as you move on into the new era.  Hopefully, your team will be able to build a new tradition of excellence with your new coach(es) and players! 

Best of luck to Bill in all of his future endeavors.  When he is through coaching, I really hope he does something in broadcasting, because he is incredibly interesting to listen to when he is talking about football and the history of the game.

• Like 5

On 1/7/2024 at 8:52 PM, DoleINGout said:

the krafts probably should go the route of someone else like Slowik but theyre more than likely going to go with Belichick, Mayo, or Vrabel. whatever it is, it will be i fear will be mediocre to below average and short sighted to appease growing fan concerns, i.e. a big name hire that isnt best for the job or a retread of the Belichick era if not Belichick himself

Welp, Mike Vrabel is fired and it seems all but inevitable that he will find his way to the Patriots now.

Yeah, I'd much rather have Vrabel than Mayo, but would rather take Slowik over either.

The thing that really gives me pause with Mayo is that he's only ever been a part of the Patriots organization at the pro level, both as a player and as a coach. So he doesn't really have that network of guys he can call up from other teams who would join his staff, except maybe a small handful that he played with, and thus he's not really equipped to make the radical changes that are needed with the way this team does business on offense.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Apparition said:

Yeah, I'd much rather have Vrabel than Mayo, but would rather take Slowik over either.

The thing that really gives me pause with Mayo is that he's only ever been a part of the Patriots organization at the pro level, both as a player and as a coach. So he doesn't really have that network of guys he can call up from other teams who would join his staff, except maybe a small handful that he played with, and thus he's not really equipped to make the radical changes that are needed with the way this team does business on offense.

Whelp Mayo it is

Maybe Kraft was the problem all along?

Jk, but I'm not much satisfied. As I said during the season I think Mayo has a good head on his shoulders and I hope he's learned from Bill's mistake. He might not have the league connections to manoeuvre them though. Although this might also force him to look for fresh people and ideas, and bouyyyy this team needs those on offense. I'm sure I'll talk myself into this hire way more than I shoulda before the season starts.

• Like 1