2023 GDT Week #17 Steelers 8-7 Visit Seahawks 8-7

Steeler Hitman

3 minutes ago, JustPlainNasty said:

Steelers playoff chances are looking very bleak at the moment. 

Jags, Texans and Colts all winning and looking stronger than opponents.

Bills shaky but the South teams matter more than anything. 

Ravens winning sadly is the only thing going in Pittsburgh's favor. 

The Steelers need to take care of their own business.  That is something that took them out of the drivers seat. All they can do is play hard and if other teams falll, great. If not, they should know enough about having to depend on other teams to get them in the play-offs. A win in Seattle would be huge.... Pittsburgh has only won there once in the Seahawks existance. Second only to never ever winning in Philadelphia. 

13 minutes ago, JustPlainNasty said:

Steelers playoff chances are looking very bleak at the moment. 

Jags, Texans and Colts all winning and looking stronger than opponents.

Bills shaky but the South teams matter more than anything. 

Ravens winning sadly is the only thing going in Pittsburgh's favor. 

I thought if Bills lose 1 game and we win out - we in. Is that so?

Ravens are playing really good all around, Humphery has calf injury though.  Hopward is out for the Dolphins (foot) 

22 minutes ago, Steeler Hitman said:

We never know which Steelers team will show up. 🤷‍♂️

I am not sure how much Artie plays if Witherspoon is healthy enough to go.  If he doesn't start, he may move to the slot, where that could be a tough matchup for Artie with Dionte moving into the slot more as of late.  I think Allen Robinson could do some things there as well. The Steelers have been moving them around. I expect Muth and the other TE's to see the ball more in the passing game.  As far as Bush, he is actually better in coverage than the run. I continue to say pound them and don't be too quick to abandon the run.  It would be nice to see the Steelers jump out in front early again.  

I saw bush  last week, his patent of getting lost in traffic as usual vs the run

pound the run is what I would do, the hawks are not good there, we can be at times. 

like you, I too don't know which team will show up. I could see this team losing this week, but then of course with the .529 title on the line next week, win that at all costs.

do we get into the playoffs if buffalo loses next week and we win out?

• Like 1

Just now, 3rivers said:

do we get into the playoffs if buffalo loses next week and we win out?

I believe that the Steelers would have the tie breaker over Buffalo if we both end up 10-7.  The other factors are the Colts, Texans, and Jaguars who all hold head to head wins over the Steelers. Bottom line is the Steelers need to win out and still get help with losses by those four teams in at least one of the last two games.

Texans and Colts next week, so someone should lose there.

Bills play the Dolphins next week.

Jaguars play the Titans next week.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-week-17-playoff-clinching-130112905.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

• Like 1

the more I think of this, the more I feel a loss this week then next week the ravens rest starters and q then we have Mr.529 once again. 

then in in a few weeks he signs a new deal and we are stuck with him for 3+ more years, enough for TJ and Minkah to waste their careers here

a typo below? 

The Seahawks got positive news as DK Metcalf, Devon Witherspoon, and Kenneth Walker are all inactive. They will be missing crucial defensive pieces Jordyn Brooks and Mario Edwards, which could create opportunity for the Steelers offense in a must-win game for both teams.

12 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Philalolphia am I right? Also that Dolphin starting to look like Tuna. 

thought that was a spelling error or of cause ever non friendly autocorrect.  philly also had a pick 6 of all things, about 98 yards IIRC the rookie  Brown. 

Tua was holding his left arm as well after he slid on that 4th down.