2023 GDT Week #17 Steelers 8-7 Visit Seahawks 8-7

Steeler Hitman

2019-steelers-vs-seahawks-1024x450.jpg

Who: Steelers 8-7 vs. Seahawks 8-7

When: Sunday, December 31, 2023 at 4:05 pm

Where: Lumen Field in Seattle, Washington

All Time Series: The Steelers and Seahawks have played 20 times (19 in regular season and 1 in the Super Bowl). The series is tied 10-10 including the SB.  Seahawks hold 10-9 regular season series lead. Last meeting was won by the Steelers in 2021 in Pittsburgh, PA 23-20 in overtime.

Of Note: The Steelers have not won in Seattle since 1992. Last game played in Seattle was a 39-30 loss in 2015.

rudolph-hits-pickens-for-2-long-touchdow

Mason Rudolph made the most of his opportunity and jumped started the Steelers offense putting up 34 points. Passing for 290 yards, 2 TD's, 0 INT's, and a passer rating of 124.

image17581.webp

George Pickens showed maturity letting his play fire back from all of the "lack of effort, spoiled, trade him, and bench him," talk.

Pickens put up 195 yards receiving, 2 TD's, on 4 catches, and could have had much more if the Steelers threw to him more.  Trade or Bench this!!

IMG_0376-1.jpeg

Geno Smith and Kenneth Walker will look to pound the depleted Steelers ILB core with the run.

1345424898.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

And then throw over the top with Lockett, DK, and Smith-Njigba.

1790023346.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Leonard Williams, Bobby Wagner, and rookie Devon Witherspoon will look to bring the Steelers offense back down after a highly productive offensive output.

maxresdefault.jpg

It will be interesting to see if Pickett gets the nod over Mason Rudolph this week. It seems the fans have moved from the "play Mitch talk as well."

s-l640.jpg

In a list of Tomlinism's the Steelers were loose last week, but won't see the Bengals again.

They showed they had a pair. Can they let it all hang for the rest of the season?

Consistency has been the Steelers problem. That and a whole bunch of key injuries. 

confidence-interval-formula.png

I am not confident that this team can win in the Pacific Northwest for the first time since 1992.  Big Ben couldn't win there.  This team is hurt and depleted at key positions.  Yet when everyone seems to think that they are out, they somehow keep fighting, and put their best foot forward. 

I think that they have dug themselves into a deep hole. Regardless of Pickett or Mason, they will play hard, but most likely come up just short. The fans will clamor for more fire Tomlin and whatever QB plays it will be the wrong one. The team has dug itself into a very hard place to come out of. They will be lucky to be 9-8 let alone go 10-7 (beat Seahawks and Ravens).

Didn't realize this thread was started and I put in wrong thread entirely any way. 

Kind of what i expected from Tomlin in the press conference. It doesn't benefit us in any way to declare Mason or Kenny the starter this week.  

I get the impression Mike realizes Mason did what he needs but that he also has a waiting for the other shoe to drop mentality when it comes to his play. Will he pull back to reality? 

Declaring anything other than Kenny's injury being a factor would cause too much of an unnecessary stir when you arent certain in any way that what you saw this past week is what you could continue to expect. Often he would say here that "we'll leave the light on for him". I have no problem with it in like I said it doesnt benefit us in any way to tell Seattle who the starter is. It only helps Seattle.

I totally expect Mason to start and think he should. Kenny is Tomlin's guy though (with some underlying questions) unless Mason continues to show that he can take it away and excel in this offense. Is my take.

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Best thing out of today:

It’s either Mason or Kenny. Sounds like Mitch is out completely. 

they better cut mitch, I doubt they can trade him

will mitch even get another chance? I doubt he gets a QB2 shot on most teams but never know

what else did tomlin say regarding the injury front for the defence?  

what is the knee injury Minkah has and how many weeks will he be out?

3 hours ago, JustPlainNasty said:

Steelers sign Jaylon Smith ... pretty interesting. I don't follow players much once they hit the NFL and goto other teams. I do know that Taylor Decker's needless and in my opinion dirty hit in that bowl game cost that boy a lot of money over his career. 

with all the injuries we keep getting at ILB, I am shocked anyone will sign  with us . At this point it is more like 'who is next to go to IR at ILB'?

7 hours ago, JustPlainNasty said:

Steelers sign Jaylon Smith ... pretty interesting. I don't follow players much once they hit the NFL and goto other teams. I do know that Taylor Decker's needless and in my opinion dirty hit in that bowl game cost that boy a lot of money over his career. 

He made a pro bowl but has never lived up to his pre-injury hype. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dcash4 said:

YES. If George cares, he has the talent to be a monster. He just doesn’t always seem like he cares. 

Maybe fans should keep talking trash? 

how do you care when the QB mitch wouldn't throw your way and you know it? Or the QB can't throw your way because he scrambles into traffic and gets hurt and has a weaker arm as well. 

GP with legit QB and OC will be top 5 or at least top 10 for yards and maybe TD's

40 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Holy smokes he did it. I love QB school…but I’m not sure I can bring myself to an hour of Mason Rudolph willingly. 

But hey, it’s here for anyone who wants it! 

maybe you're just a bit too used to the standard QB play here for the last several years;)