2023 Week 18: @ Chargers

onejayhawk

I think they definitely force feed Kelce a target or two. A few designed things right out of the gate to try to get him the yards, then sit him.

The other guys I'm unsure of. Pretty sure Jones hits an incentive at 10 sacks. But that's a bit harder to manufacture, and might not be worth playing him the whole game to try to get that. Also hard to gauge the team's relationship with him on something like that. Maybe on that one they'd rather save the money, given his choices to start the season.

I don't think there's money on the line for Rice or Pacheco, so I would imagine you don't bother worrying about those.

Otherwise, I think you sit anyone fighting any nagging injuries (Kelce post-1k, Pacheco, Sneed, Smith, etc.) Sit anyone really crucial to team success (Mahomes, Bolton, Reid, McDuffie, etc.) Most of the OL pretty much will have to go, just with how the depth chart is structured right now, sadly. Though more time for Morris at least is good

Give Perine as many snaps as he can take. Let FAU, Thompson, and Herring get a shot at edge. See if Williams and Watson can lead a young group with Conner, Jones, and Boye-Doe getting time. Work Hardman and Ross back in at WR. Couldn't care less whether MVS gets 0 catches on the field or 0 catches on the sideline.

I’d say force feed Kelce the 1st drive to reach 1000. That’s a historical stat and not just an incentive bonus.

Anyone that would reasonably reach an incentive if they played should just get paid. Priority should be going into the playoffs as healthy as possible. 

Mahomes is out. Kelce may play long enough to get 1000 yards. it's doubtful that Pop and Rice have a chance for theirs. 

All that said, this article details a few of the players who will get playing time in the finale. Notable are 1st round pick DE Felix Anudike-Uzomah and noted UDFA WR Justyn Ross. FAU has been sidelined by the emergence of Charles Omenihu. Ross has struggled with both injuries and off-field problems. Both should get full PT this weekend. Not mentioned in the article are S Chamarri Conner and CB Nic Jones, both of whom have been ST contributors and should get regular snaps.
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/young_chiefs_players_to_watch_for_in_regular_season_finale/s1_16880_39769583