The Broncos are strongly considering to sit Russell Wilson for the final 2 games

Steelersfan43

Yeah Wilson hasn't exactly been the best but like......do you really think you're gonna find a good replacement.

*Looks at broncos post Peyton Manning*

Idk man I guess they could always trade for joe Flacco.

3 hours ago, Xmad said:

Yeah Wilson hasn't exactly been the best but like......do you really think you're gonna find a good replacement.

*looks at every Bronco QB sans Elway, Manning, and MAYBE Craig Morton: 

idk man I guess we could always sign Kirk Cousins 

8 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

*looks at every Bronco QB sans Elway, Manning, and MAYBE Craig Morton: 

idk man I guess we could always sign Kirk Cousins 

With what money?

16 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Walmarts pay him under the table  and he defers some money to 2040 like Shohei

Before or after ya'll lose a first rounder for dodging the salary cap?

4 hours ago, Xmad said:

They already had Flacco and he looked a lot more like Jets Flacco than Browns Flacco.

The problem is they are scared to death of drafting + playing young QBs.  The only real QB they have drafted since before I was born that was even mildly given a chance to succeed was Cutler and thats only because Mike Shannahan was there. Lock was given a short leash to get pulled at a moments notice and had zero buy-in or trust from Fangio, Lynch started a whopping 4 games before he was cut, Tebow started 14 games and Osweiler started 11. All first/second round picks, the majority never even got a full season of playing time or commitment from the team who drafted them before they were cut/traded.

They have proven of the course of decades their preferred method is signing either stop gap veterans and let the defense do all the work, or swing for home runs in FA like they did with Plummer/Manning/Wilson. Almost like they would rather win 7 or 8 games with a veteran retread just to say they tried over committing to a rookie QB and potentially going 4-13 for a year or two while he develops but I guess I can blame that on constant coaching turnover who want veteran stability which is a whole nother issue

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

They already had Flacco and he looked a lot more like Jets Flacco than Browns Flacco.

The problem is they are scared to death of drafting + playing young QBs.  The only real QB they have drafted since before I was born that was even mildly given a chance to succeed was Cutler and thats only because Mike Shannahan was there. Lock was given a short leash to get pulled at a moments notice and had zero buy-in or trust from Fangio, Lynch started a whopping 4 games before he was cut, Tebow started 14 games and Osweiler started 11. All first/second round picks, the majority never even got a full season of playing time or commitment from the team who drafted them before they were cut/traded.

They have proven of the course of decades their preferred method is signing either stop gap veterans and let the defense do all the work, or swing for home runs in FA like they did with Plummer/Manning/Wilson. Almost like they would rather win 7 or 8 games with a veteran retread just to say they tried over committing to a rookie QB and potentially going 4-13 for a year or two while he develops but I guess I can blame that on constant coaching turnover who want veteran stability which is a whole nother issue

Well at least they have Sean Payton.

Also that was the Joek.

The Broncos commiting to a young QB? Yeah nah. To be fair to them the majority of the guys they've drafted have been a** , even outside of denver none of them have proven themselves. outside of Cutler then McDaniels McDanieled. Ruining the Broncos from stable QB play. 

Tebow got punted for Peyton which yeah entirely fair. 

Everyone else......yeah trash.

We'll see with the new ownership group and Payton but I feel like kicking Wilson to the curb for.......what exactly? Is a terrible move. Ah yes let's take the guy who at the very least can be productive for us and throw him in the trash....for a massive dead cap hit. If 2022 Wilson was 2023 Wilson sure right move, but he's been a functional starter this year.

He's still no Joe Flacco though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Xmad said:

Well at least they have Sean Payton.

Also that was the Joek.

The Broncos commiting to a young QB? Yeah nah. To be fair to them the majority of the guys they've drafted have been a** , even outside of denver none of them have proven themselves. outside of Cutler then McDaniels McDanieled. Ruining the Broncos from stable QB play. 

Tebow got punted for Peyton which yeah entirely fair. 

Everyone else......yeah trash.

We'll see with the new ownership group and Payton but I feel like kicking Wilson to the curb for.......what exactly? Is a terrible move. Ah yes let's take the guy who at the very least can be productive for us and throw him in the trash....for a massive dead cap hit. If 2022 Wilson was 2023 Wilson sure right move, but he's been a functional starter this year.

He's still no Joe Flacco though.

Bring me Michael Penix and actually stick with him for more than 12 games 🤣

10 hours ago, Xmad said:

Before or after ya'll lose a first rounder for dodging the salary cap?

Russ has been a POS my turds smell better than yours human being since he came here. They should take a 1st rounder from whatever team he goes to. Not saying what we did was right but given what Russ has done here and all of entourage crap has done, I don't feel bad for him or them asking him to waive his clause. He's a turd 

8 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Russ has been a POS my turds smell better than yours human being since he came here. They should take a 1st rounder from whatever team he goes to. Not saying what we did was right but given what Russ has done here and all of entourage crap has done, I don't feel bad for him or them asking him to waive his clause. He's a turd 

I get people back there team over everything but damn, you can't be this blind to Sean Payton.

Just now, RandomCampBody said:

I get people back there team over everything but damn, you can't be this blind to Sean Payton.

Not saying he's not in the wrong but people are acting like Russ has been a model team captain QB since he's been here and it's been the opposite. Sean has the right to be annoyed and p!$$ed but he's not handling it right 

1 minute ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Not saying he's not in the wrong but people are acting like Russ has been a model team captain QB since he's been here and it's been the opposite. Sean has the right to be annoyed and p!$$ed but he's not handling it right 

Nobody has said he's the model team captain although i do think some of the stuff people hold against him is overblown.

My issue with Sean Payton is he has never tried to make it work with Wilson and yet they still ask him to do them a favour and the way they went about trying to force it. You can't ask someone to put themselves out when you haven't shown any indication that you want to coach them.

56 minutes ago, RandomCampBody said:

Nobody has said he's the model team captain although i do think some of the stuff people hold against him is overblown.

My issue with Sean Payton is he has never tried to make it work with Wilson and yet they still ask him to do them a favour and the way they went about trying to force it. You can't ask someone to put themselves out when you haven't shown any indication that you want to coach them.

Oh you're funny and clearly didn't watch the Broncos in the first half of the season. That was all Payton trying to "let Russ cook" to the point the local media here actually wondered if Payton knew Wilson wasn't capable of it and was throwing the season. It was clear though that Payton tried to see where his ceiling was as halfway through, he completely dumbed down the system and put Russ back into the Seattle system where he is quite limited in favor of a strong run game...and the Broncos win record went off the charts. Point being Sean has done everything he could possibly do to get Russ to succeed and come to find out the answer is Wilson is washed compared to his former self in terms of mobility and we've all seen that he was always a system QB who needed someone to limit his large weaknesses.

I get why people might not like Sean but the level of hate screams to me people who have the luxury of good coaching on their team. Broncos have had nearly the worst crap trotted out in the NFL for the better part of a decade now and Sean is EASILY a breath of fresh air. I'd rather have a giant ****** but is a good coach rather than a great guy but god awful (here's looking at you Hackett)

• Like 2