Week 17 GDT: Patriots at Bills. Buffalo trying to lock up a playoff spot!

Trentwannabe

Patriots vs. Bills final score: New England's season ends with 35-23 loss -  Pats Pulpit

Date Visitor     Home   Result Box Score
10/22/2023 Buffalo Bills 25 @ New England Patriots 29 W Box
01/08/2023 New England Patriots 23 @ Buffalo Bills 35 L Box
12/01/2022 Buffalo Bills 24 @ New England Patriots 10 L Box
01/15/2022 * New England Patriots 17 @ Buffalo Bills 47 L Box
12/26/2021 Buffalo Bills 33 @ New England Patriots 21 L Box

Bills Injury Report:

Coming..

Patriots Injury Report:

Coming..

Quick Breakdown:

In what could be the final home game of the 2023 season, the Bills who were once dead in the water, now not only control their own destiny to the playoffs, but also have an outside chance at winning the division for a 4th straight year. 

In comes New England looking to play spoiler and did just that back in October when the Pats offense, then lead by Mac Jones drove the field for a game winning TD with under 2 minutes to play. 

I think the Bills not only want revenge, but understand what is in front of them and have been playing some of their best football all season over the last month and a half. I think we see a staple Allen passing game and the defense continues to make plays and gel.

Prediction:

Bills 34
Pats 10

I want to see the O line play with that same fire they played with against Dallas. If they do that, then the rest should fall into place. The defense should hold the Pats to less than 20 pts, so it's on the offense to outscore that number. I have my hopes. Lots of hope, but the Pats are playing better, and I'd assume would love to play spoilers. 

Bills 31

Pats 17

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Jones is back! Going to be great to get him some reps over the next two weeks and have him ready to go for the playoffs!

Great to see Hyde back as well. Rapp has been terrible.

That is HUGE news! Jones + Oliver in the middle gives us one of the more lethal duos in the league. Man, I'm so glad this team turned it around in time to give us a solid chance at making the playoffs. We're healing up at the right time, too. Really, the only player we'll be missing whose role we couldn't fill is Milano, which is a big loss. Beane adding Douglas at the deadline was massive. It filled the hole left by Tre's injury. 

I have to say, I'm pretty confident in this team making a run assuming they look solid these next two weeks and get into the playoffs. I had no confidence in the team last year. 

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

Von Miller is inactive. Kingsley Jonathan is active. This is the right move imo. Epenesa and Jones are active. This team is likely as healthy as they will be. Time to go on a run.

Poona get the call over Joseph is good too IMO. He offers more as a pass rusher up the middle.