2024 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

11 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I think if we wait until draft day, Fields value might drop to a 4th

Maybe even lower. If you think about it, they kind of have to get rid of him. That's where they messed up. Because they draft Caleb Williams and he still there well a lot of the locker room likes him better and didn't think he needed to drive the quarterback anyway. Say for some reason they don't like Caleb Williams attitude or there's gonna be a sense of we like Justin feels better anyway. It's just not a matter of. They want to move fields they have to move fields.

i'm interested in seeing what happens

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Bring back GVR cheap as a place holder and look for a cheap RT, maybe someone like George Fant or Cam Fleming

Wasn’t GVR a bad fit for zone blocking offense at the Jets? He’s a decent pass blocker but his run blocking is the issue. 

37 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Maybe even lower. If you think about it, they kind of have to get rid of him. That's where they messed up. Because they draft Caleb Williams and he still there well a lot of the locker room likes him better and didn't think he needed to drive the quarterback anyway. Say for some reason they don't like Caleb Williams attitude or there's gonna be a sense of we like Justin feels better anyway. It's just not a matter of. They want to move fields they have to move fields.

i'm interested in seeing what happens

I think a 4th is fair value, that’s what Trey Lance was traded for in 2023. If Fields stock is dropped to a 3rd round price, I think Seattle is a dark horse team 

7 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

That’s a lot of money to spend around. I think Devin White? I really want one more big fish DL. Make our defense line top 5 in league 

Defense needs a #1 CB imo and a NT before LB. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

That’s a lot of money to spend around. I think Devin White? I really want one more big fish DL. Make our defense line top 5 in league 

I think maybe a veteran corner like Jackson but other than that I would save for next year

20 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I think maybe a veteran corner like Jackson but other than that I would save for next year

I think we have a good chance of signing Devin White and I think he is a target. My target would be: 

Arik Armstad - similar build to Tyree Wilson. I think he can mentor and teach him a lot of game. Armstead is a winner and still in his prime. We might have the best DL in football if we signed him. Why not? There's no guard or tackle worth a big contract. Might as well build the best DL in football. If we view Wilson mainly as a DT then I would go after Chase Young, Clowney, Wonnum. 3 good rushers and good DTs. Build a bully 

24 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

we could always sign vets on one years to build up the talent level, or 2y with low guaranteed Money for future flexibility. 

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Need starting CB, DT, RG,RT,QB(draft)

Need depth LB, WR, RB, DT

I think Brandon Fracyson is the most overlooked player on this team. I get it, he didn't produce last year. He was the CB Graham wanted last offseason, Marcus Peters signed later on. He had that injury so he never played. He was a good starter for the Colts, and even on the last Raider playoff team. Amik, and Bennett only got playing time because Fracyson was hurt. I think he has a bounce back year and is a solid starter. We don't have dominant CB, but I think we have a 2 good starter CBs, and a really good slot. We also have 2 good safety starters, and 2 good LBS, and a potentially great DL. There can upgrades but CB isn't a dire need. 

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I think Brandon Fracyson is the most overlooked player on this team. I get it, he didn't produce last year. He was the CB Graham wanted last offseason, Marcus Peters signed later on. He had that injury so he never played. He was a good starter for the Colts, and even on the last Raider playoff team. Amik, and Bennett only got playing time because Fracyson was hurt. I think he has a bounce back year and is a solid starter. We don't have dominant CB, but I think we have a 2 good starter CBs, and a really good slot. We also have 2 good starters, and 2 good LBS, and a potentially great DL. There can upgrades but CB isn't a dire need. 

That’s a good point, but I also wouldn’t put all my eggs in an average CB coming off an injuries basket. I like Jones too but he’s had his issues. Hobbs is entering the last year of his deal. Bennett was up and down. I think you keep hammering an important position like CB till you know yoU got it right. Right now, it’s still questionable. 

• Like 3