2024 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

11 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I don't think we have as many needs to be addressed in FA either 

Correct, I’d say the state of the team overall as of today is better than end of season, even with losing Jacobs, Elu, Amik, Renfrow,  etc.. I trust Minshew to move the ball better than AOC, Zeus filled in and did as good or better than what Jacobs had been showing, Munford and Elu is likely a wash or potential improvement and a vet or rookie CB is likely a wash or improvement from what Amik had done. However, if the QB run or cost to trade up takes us out of a Rd1 QB, and we go RT/CB/DT in Round 1, I’d be ok with that as at least we were in the mix and competitive with a rookie 4th round QB last year. So a Penix trade up or even Fields for a 3rd/4th rd pick and the QB room is much improved from what we dealt with in 2023.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JarrodR86 said:

Follow that up by saying a solid draft class added to the roster this year, building the core and overall depth then maybe we go all in for a trade up next year at QB

Punting possibly the last year you have Adams and Meyers would be interesting. 

37 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We have 3 starting OL, basically zero OL depth

RG is the cannon fodder position of the NFL. One sneaky thing that it came out at the end of the season was that they signed DJ Fluker to a future contract. Apparently he worked out an Alabama pro day last year and wasn't like the best shape of his life(like more than when he originally came out. Could be something, could be nothing. But the point is because of Wright garden so easy to find it wouldn't surprise me if it worked. Check this out:

https://twitter.com/_MLFootball/status/1639097951556366337?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1639097951556366337|twgr^4239645638264c478bdf9bf9767269e80b7fbb06|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.fieldgulls.com%2F2023%2F3%2F25%2F23655862%2Fdj-fluker-turning-heads-seahawks-attendance-carroll-schneider-free-agency

RT is a different story I think we need to sign one even if it's to compete with Munford and if Munford wins he can play guard then.

Not worried about depth we tend to get that part figured out more than we get the starters figured out lol

If there is a draft to get oline this is the draft to do it

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Punting possibly the last year you have Adams and Meyers would be interesting. 

I’m all for trading up from 3-6 range for Jayden, JJ or even a few spots up for Nix but neither of us know what the true cost is and if TT/AP are willing to pay the price or if those teams truly want to move back.. I do think DA will put up numbers somewhere between his 2022-2023 stats with Minshew and if we’re winning and say a wild card team, why would 2024 be his last season with us? 

Telesco had three areas of main concern:

1. Coaching hires (Not a problem right now with AP)
  2. Drafting mid-late rounds (TBD)
  3. Giving out brutal contracts to aging vets and screwing the Chargers cap

Point 3 is what makes me not too mad that we are taking a pretty conservative approach to FA (Other than the obvious Wilkins homerun). Sure we could have gone big for Tyron Smith, Armstead and retained Jacobs long-term, but then our cap situation gets murky super quickly.

I wish we would have made some more signings by now but at the same time, I am cool with it.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Telesco had three areas of main concern:

1. Coaching hires (Not a problem right now with AP)
  2. Drafting mid-late rounds (TBD)
  3. Giving out brutal contracts to aging vets and screwing the Chargers cap

Point 3 is what makes me not too mad that we are taking a pretty conservative approach to FA (Other than the obvious Wilkins homerun). Sure we could have gone big for Tyron Smith, Armstead and retained Jacobs long-term, but then our cap situation gets murky super quickly.

I wish we would have made some more signings by now but at the same time, I am cool with it.

Giving out those brutal contracts was part of him going all-in while Herbert was on his rookie deal.

3 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Adam Butler is back according Vincent Bosignore . If we can get Jenkins back, DT room looking good

I think Butler is good enough to be a starting DT, but ideally he is the 3 DT on a strong DT unit 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, JarrodR86 said:

I’m all for trading up from 3-6 range for Jayden, JJ or even a few spots up for Nix but neither of us know what the true cost is and if TT/AP are willing to pay the price or if those teams truly want to move back.. I do think DA will put up numbers somewhere between his 2022-2023 stats with Minshew and if we’re winning and say a wild card team, why would 2024 be his last season with us? 

And if we win 5-6 games and he has another year like last year then what?

43 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

And if we win 5-6 games and he has another year like last year then what?

Then we trade or release him and free up 29 mil in cap room and thank him for his time if he truly wants no part of it.. he hasn’t struck me as a primadonna, ego maniac compared to some elite receivers in the past.. I think he expressed frustration because McDaniels was a joke and he knew it, we all knew it so I don’t blame him for any antics.. I believe that he’s happy in Vegas, close to home, his elderly family members can watch him play as opposed to when he was in GB.. Sure, playing with DC was a nice cherry on top but not the end all be all. Personally I hope he’s here for the rest of his career but let’s see what happens by late April in regards to QB

Just now, JarrodR86 said:

Then we trade or release him and free up 29 mil in cap room and thank him for his time if he truly wants no part of it.. he hasn’t struck me as a primadonna, ego maniac compared to some elite receivers in the past.. I think he expressed frustration because McDaniels was a joke and he knew it, we all knew it so I don’t blame him for any antics.. I believe that he’s happy in Vegas, close to home, his elderly family members can watch him play as opposed to when he was in GB.. Sure, playing with DC was a nice cherry on top but not the end all be all. Personally I hope he’s here for the rest of his career but let’s see what happens by late April in regards to QB

He wants to win and cement his legacy as a HOFer, we've basically wasted 3 years of his career with mid QB play.